Visiting Tirupathi - Help me plan and execute

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by msm, Aug 17, 2014.

1. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Friends - am planning to visit Tirupathi with my family (DH, DDs(11&4) DM (72) ). Except me all are allergic to crowd/standing :-( Now you know why am here asking this qtn....

As suggested by our friends, I would also visit Kalahasthi and AlameluManga and then go uphill for tonsuring my LO/Darshan. We will be leaving from Chennai. We will be choosing a weekday hoping there will be less crowd.

Now I need your suggestions to plan this trip, like what time (Morning or Evening) we should reach up to complete the tonsuring/darshan easily and less crowd/wait period.

After reaching up, where can we get accommodation and where do we get Darshan tickets from? Should we get it from Chennai itself or we can get it after reaching there? What tickets will give us darshan with less crowd/waiting period.

2 people like this.

2. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

For accommodation, you can check into the Vishnu Nivasam just adjacent to the railway station. Very reasonable, very neat and clean and really very well maintained place. Rooms are available in plenty.

As for darshan, you can buy the tickets at the special darshan counter worth Rs. 300. Once you reach up, you can ask anyone for that counter. We too did that and had darshan in four hours.

Hope you have a good darshan and blessed trip.

1 person likes this.
  3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

1 person likes this.
  4. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

Tirupati is now 23x365 days crowded(approximately 1 hour they give for the Lord Himself to sleep) only.

1 person likes this.
  5. oysterzzz

oysterzzz Gold IL'ite

We've been there recently i.e, on 15,16,17 of august. Will tell you about my experience. Never in my life have I seen such crowd in tirupati. We reached there on 15th evening but couldn't get darshan on 16th. As it was heavily crowded they stopped giving 300Rs tickets, and heard that the free darshan was taking 15hrs (heard this from those who actually went inside, normally they were announcing 40hrs). Our only way was current booking. So we however got "angapradakshinam" tickets. Had darshan on 17th early morning.

It's better if you pre book everything and go. I guess there are sudarshan counters in chennai, so book your rooms and sudarshan tickets there itself. You can't believe in current bookings and tirupati can never be less crowded anytime.

For tonsure, there are arrangements at the places where you stay. For example guest houses like ram bageecha, vara lakshmi guest house, kausthabam etc etc have tonsure rooms. so better go there in stead of kalyana katta. the crowd is as equal as crowd for lord's darshan there.

Coming to kalahasti, the crowd is normal. Better take 50rs ticket and avoid going at the time of around 12pm. They will stop the darshans for swami's naivedyam. and these days they are not starting the rahu ketu puja unless the hall is full (This is for 300rs ticket), which means you have to wait for like 1-1 1/2hrs for the puja to begin.

Happy journey.

1 person likes this.
  6. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister msm,

Glad you have planned for a trip to Tirupathi, enroute Kalahasthi, make sure to visit Varahaswamy temple first, then Lord Balaji, Goddess can be before or after but make sure you visit.

These days it is the management will and pleasure to issue advance tickets for seegara darshan (300Rs) for quite some time (500Rs) is stopped.

Like Sister Oyesterzz mentioned if it current booking then try be at the counter in the morning session to ensure you are IN.

There are many regulations like quick darshan for senior citizens, sick and women with infants, but absolutely NIL when in reality

Earlier there used to be counters at City Centres (TTD) for Chennai in Venkata Narayana Road, Alipiri Foot hills, Bus Stand etc., but one cant predict as system keeps changing every now and then.

Not scaring you but that is what it is accordingly you can prepare yourself, the best thing would be to Pray to Lord Balaji to give you a peaceful darshan, and to be in the list of fortunate ones so he will take care of your planning and execution.

Never plan for a weekend and especially a holiday combined weekend, try to be there on Mon, Tue, the best time ever in the week

May Baba guide you instantly and bless you to have a Safe, Happy, blissful pilgrimage and happy vacation to INDIA, :welcome to INDIA.

SAIRAM

1 person likes this.
  7. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

There are now 2 Varahaswamy temples in the same south mada street!

8. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Friends - am planning to visit Tirupathi with my family (DH, DDs(11&4) DM (72) ). Except me all are allergic to crowd/standing :-( Now you know why am here asking this qtn....

With kids and 72yrs old DM. you can opt Package trip, you will be back in 24hrs..

He will give some time for Head tonsure. And darshan happens in 1-2hours....

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. msm

msm Gold IL'ite

Thanks Oyster for sharing your experience.

Yes Saisakthi sister, as you mentioned am praying to Perumal only for a peaceful trip. Even this India trip was getting postponed a lot - finally I left it to him to make it happen. He has arranged for it, so now I believe he will make our Tirupathi trip also a pleasant one. We are reaching India on 23 and will be in Chennai on 28 and planning to go to Tirupathi on Sep01 so I guess we should be able to buy the Darshan tickets in Chennai and plan accordingly.

Suma - initially we were planning for the package trip only, but my mother's one of the long desire is to visit Kalahasthi and it has never happend so far. So am planning to go on our own to combine Kalahasthi as well.

Thanks very much for everyone's inputs.

2 people like this.
  10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Sister msm,

Sairam, You are indeed fortunate, Lord Balaji has heard us, he has done the planning and the execution at ease,

Online booking starts from Aug27th and the quota realesed on a everyday basis, there are few new schemes also being introduced, hope it works out for you and all the pilgrims in future,

Please help yourself at the Link: https://www.ttdsevaonline.com/Home.aspx

Thank you Guru Sayee and Lord Balaji for quickly answering our prayers, Sairam