Visiting temple during the periods?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by tuffyshri, Feb 5, 2012.

1. Littlerose

Littlerose Silver IL'ite

dear sister,

Nice to see ur comments. Whatever u r talking about is feeling n seeing in the gross level... what our seers asked us to follow is in subtle level... that's for sure u'll understand about it all when u r able to look urself within in subtle level... there lies the difference of opinion. cool.

Menstruation is not dirty just the same blood is made to create a kid, how can a pure natural process be termed impure n so making women down by not allowing to enter n mingle with others that time is ur point.. not ur point alone, many of us(modern thinking women's argument)....

But what we all see n able to feel is only the gross level... true r not... Our ancient seers who set the agamas to live just dont see this world in gross level like us... that's true sister... they can feel things in subtle level so clearly... that's what different temples, different Gods, different names, different colours of dresses for different Gods, different no. of hands.. etc... it's all within us, nothing outer... whatever is in this world we see outer is the same inside...

Menstruation is purely God made... but it's transparent view to look both good n bad equally... when they say Ladies r shakthi, we r cool n happy to know n be one among them.. but when they say, the mestruation heat is not suitable for otherwise condition, why dont u think in subtle level n try to understand the truth lying behind.. pls. reconsider ur gross level belief.... I hope i m not hurting ur view... but trying to eloborate to the level i can...

wishes n regs,

S. Sriumadevi Srinivasan.

1 person likes this.
  2. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

I did not read the entire response yet, so not commeting about it. But the last reponse from you "Littlerose" Sir (I presume you are male though you sign with a woman's name)... well, I somehow feel that these are few minor reasons why Hinduism is not yet appreciated. That a lot of people are migrating to other religions. Change should be welcomed everywhere. Let me language or culture or country... or religion also... "Survival of the fittest" is the motto. I am not saying that I will demonstrate now to have all the women in periods to enter the temple... but it is high time the people following Hinduism is flexible enough to welcome changes.

3. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

i dont know why dviswa and malaswami should mock at me?? :( :(

4. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

Hinduism will always be Hinduisum, and I hope to mention that the method of living on the culture (I mean the way of living) is being appreciated by the entire world. Even Westerners are now trying to follow our Hindu culture and accommodate themselves in all the rituals.

Hope am not wrong in pointing this here... :)

Thanks and regards

5. malaswami

malaswami Platinum IL'ite

No way sister Tuffy....

I never did that...perhaps my way of writing would have been like that to you...
    If you feel, that should be mocking.. I apologise..

Regards

6. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Yes.. it is survival of the fittest. Those who are powerful/smart they can survive in this world. This is true in all the religion ...
    It is better whatever our ancestors has done even though for good reason but now it is changing. We have answers for those.
    And it is also good to adopt instead of passing the same myths to our children.

7. Littlerose

Littlerose Silver IL'ite

Dear Tuffisri,

Why this kollaveri on me? white heart girlu naanu? boy boy telling uuvu(tune kolaveri potukonga, ok) ;-)

Hey, I m a mother of 6 yrs old kid. Is it enough for u qualifying me a girl(woman)? ;-)

Cool sister, I can feel both u, renutn n many same like minded people r aroused whenever this topic comes in mind... same me too was till 2 yrs back. It's true sister. I was also back of all these thinkings. But, when certain happenings in life made me completely surrender to god heartly, things changed. I cant explain u all in one shot right.. That's what i have started adding article relatedly. I m an elite member from 2008. Why this silly doubt on me? If i m a guy, what's the necessity for me to show up myself a girl here.. to tease... that's not my nature n i m not born for those silly things...

I replied to ur article only to pass out things clearly. See, i clearly explained in the first reply itself.. I again say u, until we start understanding life in energy level, we cant understand the old tradition of us. I cant say just hinduism here sister, all the religions r born from self realized souls, they tried to pass the message to the level of maturity they as well as their locality had at that time. In that case, hinduism predates every other. It's a complete power pack model for self realization.... that's it... even this menstruation is not a dirty thing.... pls. be clear.... we r not down in any way by not passing out our energy which surely will disturb other's energy level at that time.... that's all... In this, where is old r new... all time, energy is energy... I dont understand why u need to argue relating this with religious change. ..etc. etc..

See, none change religion just for telling i cant understand the energy transformation in my body level, you r suppressing me, so i change to other religion.. if they do so, certainly it's misunderstanding to the core... it's their own responsibility to understand the things rightly. Pls. sister.. understand.

There r things to be eradicated in our society like caste-ism, bribe, early marriage, marriage within close relations, treating male-female unequally, complexion/race based domination, language based domination, bad politics, etc... This is quite a natural thing for which u r arguing this much... i really wonder why dont u understand it scientifically.

See, u can understand how a kid is born... in that time, without energy being transformed, how we identify a kid longing for milk? Automatically, the milk will secrete in us when the hunger arises in our kid? How? Pure energy transformation... Why r we compared to moon?

Just like us, moon also has both the phases. The new moon day.... why they r telling us not to come out on that day? pure energy transformation n it's consequent results... The third day is auspicious...

Whatever we see outside in this world is just an exaggerated version of our interior sister.. i started getting into it... only then, i started understanding things a bit more clear than before.... yet to go a long journey to understand completely.

Also, they say us not to enter into Iyyappan temple until our menstruation stops..... here it's a coded message for us... Please, try to interpret whatever our elders told..... dont take it as in gross level n try to argue things...

If u r satisfied n r able to think in this angle also, cool. If not, it's ok that i have done my best to help elite to be in track to ur self.... if not immediately, all will get chance in their lifetime to this... if we utilize, it's more better. Let me wish that to not only u for all elites... After this many yrs(from 2008), now only i started to share things with u all.... athukule, ippadi sandaiku vandha eppadi?

Kadavule nerla parka mudile.... appa, illeya? iruku... unga kanne ungalale parka mudiyale... appo illeya? mirror is helping... Will u agree if i tell u, i m able to see my own eyes n eye sight? I m able to ...... Athu pathi solla than, i started threads here.... not for any other silly reason as u imagine sister....

Nambunga... nambikai than vazkai.... neram pogama, summa sollitu pogale periyavunga... Due to many wars, the tricks n divide n rule policy, we r spoiled a lot... also due to more divided rule(by many rulers) many things known to one doesnt reach the other.... etc.

Nature pathi puringika mudiyarapo purinjikonga... that's all... cool otherwise.... but dont come to fight.... ithu azhaga solunga.... Think sister.... That's all.. Have a nice day.

wishes n regards

loving sister for all elites,

8. Littlerose

Littlerose Silver IL'ite

Dear Renutn,

Nice to hear from u. I didnt reply here with arguing mentality.. only liked to pass out.... when one share their level of experience, first we shouldnt think in our level, just should think a bit from their angle n then analyze... just for menstruation, why these words like powerful/smart rule the world? In that case, we ladies r more powerful than men, our energy is much greater than them... that's what we r called as "Shakthi".... understand.... shakthi can be both creative n destructive... n both is needed n both is natural..... pls. understand things cooly rather than making topics hot sister.... Also, viswa r malaswami also tried to pass out the tradition... that's it tuffysri sister, not to hurt r mock u... same me too.... we r all friends.... like to share things n help out each other.... so, pls. rather than having arguing sense, leaving it aside, read in a friendly motive n try to analyze in the other angles also apart from ours alone....

We didnt mail u just from our angle.. only after seeing from ur angle also, we replied.... in that case, pls. dont use the words like powerful/smart... etc.. It's a kind request from me renutn sister...

Anyway, cool... take care. Have a nice day.

wishes n regs,

9. nest

nest New IL'ite

Hi tuffyshri,
    On Earth everything is right and wrong.It depends on the environment and mind.

Reason not to enter in temple during menstrual period can be better understand if you learn more about Earth and Space.
    Consult few professers who has more knowledge on elements and process of life on Earth.

All Religious rituals based on elements of earth.

Do this test:Place a coin in somebody's palm,ask them to close it with the another palm.Leave it for 5mts.Open it and touch,you can feel the warmness.This is a very subtle radiation which our body produces throughout the life.
    Everybody knows the effect of Japan's nuclear bomb effect.Same radiation which is digesting our food and helps in functioning our organs, negatively affected many generations in Japan.Still people are getting ill effects of radiation.

Ancient Hindu temples are built by granite or other igneous rocks,allthrough its life rocks emanate radiation.Ancient architects were very brilliant and they designed the temples in such a way to spread this radiation in a controlled way.If you observe ancient temples used to built either near a river or sea.There are rituals to wash the temple in specific time to reduce radiation.Temples are closed between 12noon to 4 pm,because radition level is high due to sun.(A professor can explain this even better)
    Reason going to temple with a clean body and mind is to get this energy which is good for us.During festival days more radiation emanate from rocks and that is the reason we do pooja which includes chants,bell sounds, lighting lamps,gathering people to control and use the radiation.

Amman temples never had these restrictions,because amman temples used to built in wood especially under a neem tree.Which is very safe for women during their periods.(Nowadays many amman temple also built by rocks, again women should not go during their periods)

Heat is produced more in Uterus when a women menstruates.Uncontrolled level of exposure to radiation affects even the unborn child of the lady.
    Just as a precautionory measure to avoid the complications in child birth is the main concern of stopping the women inside the temple during periods.
    Restrictions are only to younger women- not for older women.(Even older women should not touch menstruating women before going to temple-high radiation causes cancer)

Getting periods inside temple can be avoided by few food habits.Avoid heat producing foods like til,groundnut,green chilli,onion,garlic and eat 1 cup fried chana(puttani in hindi) in an empty stomach for 3 days before your darshan.

This is purely my perception towards religious rituals.
    I sincerely apologize if it hurts or affects others people beliefs.

10. pulisimha

pulisimha New IL'ite

So what you all trying to say or prove?
    Are you All trying to say menstruation is nothing but natural thing so women also like men should be allowed to enter Temples.
    Nobody is preventing you but why not experiment it and pay the price.