Visiting Europe with a 4yr old

Discussion in 'Europe - Other Areas' started by fairymother, May 2, 2008.

1. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

Hi Everyone

This May 15, we r visiting Europe for 15days ..we took Euro pass and planning to see most of the places...As iam travelling with a 4yr old please give me some travel n food suggestions...

If we want to do some nice shopping, which is the best place.

Thanks in advance.

2. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

one more point...We r not going through travel group...we r going by ourself.

3. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

can u tell us which are places u r visiting exactly..?so that we can be more precise on responding.Whole of European countries are loaded with gifts and sovenier shops.u can get interesting stuffs there.I dont think there will be any prob of food for u r son.Indian restaurants are avail.

4. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

Supriya
    <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">
    </st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">We r planning to see these below places not in that order, my husband is planning the whole trip.</st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">
    </st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Zurich</st1:place></st1:City>
    Rome<st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">
    </st1:City></st1:place>
    <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:City w:st="on">Paris</st1:City></st1:place>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Amsterdam</st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Italy</st1:place></st1:country-region>
    <st1:City w:st="on">vienna</st1:City>,
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Salzburg</st1:place></st1:City>
    <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Switzerland</st1:place></st1:country-region>
    <st1:place w:st="on">Frankfurt</st1:place>
    <st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">pisa</st1:place></st1:City>

ur suggestions will be very helpful.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 20, 2008
  5. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

hello fairymom,

As you did not specify the place where you are going it is difficult to recommend the gifts in general about europe.

However, i can guide you a li'l bit on the travelling and food part bcos i travelled with my 3yr old son to zurich,italy,paris and london.

We bought an electric rice cooker (220 volts compatible in europe) and carried some rice and dry ready-2-eat powders which can be mixed with rice. I tossed the powder in a spoon of ghee before taking. I used to plugin the electric rice cooker and cook some rice for my son and get yoghurt from any store. He used to eat the currypowder rice and curd rice for lunch. For b/fast the regular bread-jam or milk pudding which can be easily available in any store. Keep fresh fruits handy like apples,oranges and bananas. I also carried chocolate milk,strawberry milk available in tetra packs.I also carried rotis (2-3 small ones) with potato curry wrapped in it like a franky for the first day.You can also carry pulihora paste(used for making tamarind rice) which is ready to eat if mixed with rice.

I can guide yu abt the gifts if u specify the country .
    HTH

6. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

Hi
    I gave u reply in morning but i don't know how it got missed .
    these r the places we r visiting.

Italy, paris, zurich, frankfurt, Pisa, Vienna, Salzburg, Amsterdam, Munich.

ur suggestions will help me a lot.

thanks advance

7. fairymother

fairymother New IL'ite

Thanks supriya n happy woman for ur replies..

thanks happy woman for ur ideas..i will definitely take all u said.

8. happywoman

happywoman Silver IL'ite

Hi fairymother,

Glad to know tht i was of some help to you. I forgot to add something else. You can browse the site indiandinner for the indian restaurants listing throughout europe.
    I have visited all the countries (and more) you mentioned except Salzburg and visited Indian restaurants in all places back in 2001.Since we are pure vegetarians, we took a printout of the listings handy and tried to book a hotel near to railwaystation/airport. Everytime you chek in to a hotel, be sure to pick up some brochures in the reception which will have the local Indian cuisine listings.
    Mc DOnalds throughout europe has veg burger called gemuse burger which is similar to the one you get in India. We liked that a lot and once in a while had that in b/w.Pizza hut also has good veg pizzas in europe compared to US/India.
    One more tip to add : beware of pickpocketers especially in italy and paris.Dont forget to lock your suitcases and bags in the hotel room before leaving for sight seeing.
    HTH