Visit to Mahabalipuram

Discussion in 'Travel' started by satchitananda, Jan 26, 2012.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Bhargavi,

Thanks so much. Unfortunately, how much we could do in terms of travelling and spending time walking through the temples and other places of interest nearby was limited due to my back. Anyway, was very glad to have been able to do this much - was a lot more than I suspected myself to be capable of doing right now. Enjoyed the short time I had there thoroughly, did what I wanted to do the most. Shall treat this visit as a tongue tickler and plan on going for a longer time and doing a lot more as soon as I am in a position to do so.

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Thanks Tanoshi. May be you should travel to India soon. I was rather disappointed with the beaches in the UK since they were most pebbly beaches - couldn't walk without shoes - and the water was freezing even in April. Could not stand in the water for more than a few seconds. This was at the Brighton beach.

3. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Swati:

Your road trip made such a good read. As you said the drive until Krishnagiri is so picturesque, you can quite get lost:) Did you notice any birds on electric wire? Along the way from Krishnagiri to Vellore I saw many Indian rollers (Karnataka's state bird). They are very colourful birds though I'm not sure whether they are around during a specific season (I spotted them during October end). In my opinion a road trip is always an exciting one if not exotic! I love them.

When you do make a longer trip to Mahabalipuram, you should not miss Dakshinachitra. It is a cultural museum for art, architecture, crafts, etc. If you have an interest in art and architecture, you will love the place.

Sindhu

1 person likes this.
  4. satchitananda

Thanks Sindhu. No I did not observe those birds. Though there were many white birds on a big water body on the Salem highway. We were moving and they were flying too. So it was not possible to take a pic.

Do hope to visit Mahabalipuram for a longer spell next time round.