Visit To Coimbatore

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by mala76, Jan 11, 2017.

1. mala76

mala76 Senior IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am visiting Coimbatore and visiting Isha Centre as well. I have about 2 days extra for leisure.
    My plan is 1 day for sightseeing & 1 day for shopping. I intend to visit Maruthamalai Temple.

Please share any details on following which will assist me:

1) I intend to hire a cab / car with driver - to drive me to Maruthamalai temple . Any suggestion how should i go about? Any recommendation on trustworthy driver? Any idea of estimated cost for hiring a cab / book a car for half day? Which ever method safe & cost saving.

2) Shopping - I note that, shopping area are around big bazaar street, where Pothys, ramraj & Chennai Silks located. Not sure if this is correct.

3) Hotel - I came across 2 hotels (Decent/safe/clean) Not looking for a luxury hotel. Any comments on the hotels? I prefer walking distance to shopping area.
    Hotel Metro park Inn
    Rathna Residency

Any of your suggestions will be very helpful.

Thank you.

2. happymom2013

happymom2013 Silver IL'ite

Hi. I guess you have ola cabs in coimbatore. that would be fair and easier also.You can try that. You can book them as and when needed and need not worry about waiting time.

And regarding shopping, there is a street called Cross Cut road near Gandhipuram. You will find chennai silks, PSR silk and many more great ones there. If you are looking for silk sarees, you should definitely try PSR silks.

You will find good restaurants also in that street.