Visit Bhopal - The City of Lakes

Discussion in 'Madhya Pradesh' started by Roshni2009, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Roshni2009

Roshni2009 New IL'ite

Namashkar to you all from Bhopal - The City of Lakes!

Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh is one of the emerging cities of India. It is an ethereal combination of scenic beauty, historicity and modern urban planning.

Bhopal today presents a multi-faced profile; the old city with its teeming marketplaces and fine old mosques and places, still bears the aristocratic imprint of its former rulers, among them the succession of powerful Begums who ruled Bhopal from 1819 to 1926.

Equally impressive is the new city with its verdant real estate growth, exquisitely laid out parks and gardens, broad avenues and streamlined modern edifices.

Share your association with Bhopal.

Attached Files:

2. GayatriRathod

GayatriRathod New IL'ite

Thank you Roshni for rejuvenating my memories of Bhopal. I went there as a child during my Mama's wedding as baraatis. :) I could faintly remember the places but yes, there were many lakes as far as I remember.

Most of us in recent times associate Bhopal to the tragic Union Carbide incident which almost took the 'ruh' (soul) out of the city. May God give strength to all who lost their loved ones and also to those who have bravely stood the pain. :clap

However, we'd like to know more about Bhopal - the city which stood the test of time, the developments, places to visit in and around Bhopal and of course - What to eat and buy in Bhopal!

Are there more ladies from Bhopal in IL? Would love to hear from you too....

Thanks,

Gayatri

3. SoniaVerma

SoniaVerma Senior IL'ite

Hello Bhopal Ladies,

Lovely to see a thread on Bhopal. Indeed, I can recall the Madhya Pradesh tourism ad and the magnificent places shown there.

What are the places in and around Bhopal which we can combine in a package tour. We'd also like to know from our Bhopal Ladies about life in Bhopal. How do you spend your leisure time and hobby ideas.

With lots of love,

Sonia