1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vishwaroopam

Discussion in 'Movies' started by nemesis, Jan 22, 2013.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Sofa, I agree to your post. I am not sure how to write it down. Yes every other movie is hero based, but what I am trying to say is in Kamals movies he makes sure he is showcased extraordinarily which is not required. I dont know if its intentional or not, but u could feel his intense desire to be seen above all. Just do the job that the character requires. I cannot talk about Ajith or Vijay, but Rajini gives what the director needs and I am quite certain he never involves in the creators job, more so may be he doesn't know, lol. But Kamal I guess seem to think he needs to be everywhere and I think that is an overdose for a viewer like me.

Guess I tried my best to explain it..lol

6 people like this.
  2. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Well saw the movie yesterday, I will give my reviews on Monday, so I don't increase the despair of my poor TN ILtizens. It's a well made movie though I have some disappointments. Is it worth the hype, hmm... Quite hard to answer as it depends on who's watching it..

Good luck Tn fellas, I hope the judge watches the movie and does something good and u can all go for the Monday show!!!

3. sunflower84

sunflower84 Silver IL'ite

I watched Vishwaroopam movie today and it was excellent :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Today, I watched Vishwaroopam in a local theater. Hats off to this wonderful artist known as "Kamal Hassan". He is definitely a class act. Fabulous construction of story with breath-taking scenes. The scenes in Afghanistan look very real even though they were taken in sets. Terrorist activities in New York are really scary to watch.

Scenes taken inside a cave in which the Jihadis meet Al Qaeda # 1 is really a tense scene. But the scene in which a prisoner is beheaded is disgusting to watch.

Overall, the movie is taken like a Hollywood movie minus the Kathak dance in the beginning. I have no doubts this movie will be very successful and it is a must watch movie.

Viswa

3 people like this.
  5. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

I watched the movie today as well and thought it is very well made. I did not really find anything that would be offensive to any religion, because pretty much it was just a fictitious tale woven around some facts! I agree that it was made like a hollywood movie, the action sequences and all, with the required masala thrown in to suit the tastes of our Kollywood fare! Some people might find that the minutiae was dragging the film a little, but I thought that was one of the strong points of the film. There is no doubt that Kamal is an actor and technician par excellence. If only they would let it release where ever it is banned, before all the momentum dies down... the movie deserves to be successful. I really hope the judge comes back with a verdict to release the film without further cuts and not let these fringe outfits hold an artiste to ransom!

3 people like this.
  6. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

This movie is snow-balling into a proper political storm, isn't it!! A couple of major political parties throwing their weight behind Viswaroopam (probably coz their opponents are against it...)

Seriously, the Censor board views, and clears the movie; then some religious groups view and ban the movie; and now one single judge is gonna watch and make up his mind to release or not to release the film?? :spin

Well, hope there's good news for Kamal tomorrow :)

7. Geetee

Geetee Silver IL'ite

I agree with you foxybeat about the violent scene shown twice and felt the same about the climax. Even some of the people in the theatre said that this movie has got 2 intervals .. So I was thinking that this is the second interval... Before we realise the movie was over.

I liked the movie for

1. Kamal intro scene ...his dance, his body language.. Even though I felt the song is too lengthy...
    2. Different story angle
    3. Cinematography
    4. Brave to show about the life style of the terrorists
    5. Kamal acting.. He showed different body language for different roles he played
    6. Comedy in the beginning of the first part ( even though the scens were serious ...I enjoyed the comedy dialogues)

Now minus...

1. The dance teacher role was elaborated by kamal's dance and emphasised by his body language ... but why he pretends to be like that and why he is marrying her under pretense? . I couldn't get around my head to understand.

2. The role of Andrea is not clear

3. The encounter between the two groups consumed most of the time ...hence the main story line is suffering.

4. Can't understand why FBI couldn't identify kamal and team even though they are officially helping them.

5. Climax ... Was abrupt.... But the still says viswaroopam India continues... ( so may be we can expect part 2 )

Can watch once for the making of the film.

1 person likes this.
  8. hgulla

hgulla Silver IL'ite

Nice reviews by everyone.

The movie is nice in the sense it is NOT a love based movie. There was no masala songs or dance either.

I felt the movie did not convey any message or meaning, so if I ask myself what was the movie all about? I do not have an answer. I could say it is about saving NYC from a nuclear disaster, about how terrorism works etc. but those are just ambiguous, I do not see the bigger point of the movie. I do not understand why there was a need for his much younger wife, portraying a marriage of convenience, with both his wife's and Andrea's role all too unnecessary more than the occasional un-laughable jokes they make, also do not understand why should terrorism be explained to such detail. Some of these reminded me of Dasavatharam where he portrays he big divide between Shiva and Vishnu sects, which has nothing to do with the theme of the movie.

I felt the movie did not flow, there was no continuity, or a good end to the loose ends. The end was just abrupt, looks like they wanted to end it in a hurry. If you watched Quentin's movies like Pulp Fiction, or D'jango Unchained, they do not necessarily flow in a sequence, but they tie so well in the end. This movie was missing it.

Sorry to Kamal fans for my review, I think as an actor he did a great job, the portrayal of workings of terrorists was great, his dance and his feminine role was nice too. But I think he lost track of overall picture.

1 person likes this.
  9. renualways

renualways Gold IL'ite

Excellent movie..... Nothing to hurt any religion.Well made Hollywood type movie..worth watching.. even if you are not a kamal fan like me :).

1 person likes this.
  10. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Vishwaroopam..roopam..roopam!! Spectacular movie.

Nothing controversial and no reason to be banned. They've just stated the facts as it is without any exaggeration.

People who have watched and read the news would definitely understand that only the harsh realities were shown in the movie.

Kamal has excelled as an actor, director, singer, dancer and producer.

Hopefully part two will leave all the loose ends tied.

3 people like this.