1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Visa info.

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by cute teddy, Mar 25, 2010.

1. cute teddy

cute teddy Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends.....
    I need some help from u guys please clearing my doubts...
    i am expecting in july... and trying my mom to come here for my delievery...
    i wanna check with you what are the kind of questions asked during interview and should i send her a letter from my gyne saying i m pregnent n need her for my delievery...

m getting mixed reations from my friends for the letter, and was told this can actually stop her to get visa................is it true.....

and which is the best visitor insurance...

waiting for ur replies friends
    :)

2. quincyagain

quincyagain Junior IL'ite

Don't ever do that blunder, many visas has been rejected on the above mentioned basis. Just ask your mom to tell that she is going to visit her daughter.

Just my 2 cents.

3. Happysoul1234

Happysoul1234 Gold IL'ite

do not even breathe abt the pregnancy to the visa officer. rather just tell them she is going to visit you and you have planned a spectacular trip across the usa for sightseeing purposes. convince them her coming here means $$ spent here.

4. pandusk

pandusk Gold IL'ite

That's true, never ever utter that she is coming to help you for your delivery.Please say that she is coming for visiting you and USA..

5. siababa

siababa New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm also expecting. My due is on June 9th and my mom went to her visa interview only ystd. Her visa got rejected :oops:. She said she is visiting here for the tourism purpose. She has not mentioned about my delivery, pregnancy or any thing related to that.

Now we are planning to make a second appointment by getting a letter from my obgyn stating the original reason and my husband will be sending a letter to the consulate officer stating that i need my mom here for my delivery and check our luck this time.

I guess it all depends on the mood of the officer. My mom is a pensioner and my bro is working. Apart from her bank statements and FD's she is not able to show any property documents.

I guess the visa officer who interviewed her is not conviced with the fact that she has a strong binding factor to return to india after her stay here for few months and hence might have rejected her visa.

So don't worry. Ask her to tell the tourism as her purpose of visit, but make sure that she has conviences the officer by making him understand that she has lot of money to spend here (US) during her visit for the tourism purpose and also it's important to make him understand that she cannot stay here for a longer period as she has strong binding/ commitment to return back like, property in her name, younger sibiling studying, dependent aged in-laws etc....

All the best yaar...