Virtual Feast (only photos, no FBs)

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Nandshyam, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

spandana, here is the recipe for the karakuzhambu i make at home..<link rel="File-List" href="file:///C:%5CWindows%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml"><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:punctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" LatentStyleCount="156"> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif]--><style> <!-- /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-parent:""; margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} --> </style><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-ansi-language:#0400; mso-fareast-language:#0400; mso-bidi-language:#0400;} </style> <![endif]-->

Ingredients

Veggies- drumsticks/brinjal/radish/yam/lady’s finger any of them can be used.I even use sprouts like moong, chana, methi...
    Garlic – (optional, we don’t use)
    Onions – cut into small slices /small onions taste more better
    Tomato-1
    Curry leaves-little
    Sambar powder -2 teaspoon
    Tamarind- gooseberry size/ 1.5tblsp of paste
    sesame oil – 1tblsp..or more according to taste..

Grind :
    Roast 2 red chillies, 1tblsp of dhania seeds, 1tblsp of chana dal and 2tblsp of coconut, cool and grind.
    For seasoning
    Mustard seed-1 teaspoon
    Fenugreek seed-1/2 teaspoon
    Hing – a pinch

Curry leaf-little
    ProcedureTake the tamarind pulp and add to a 2 cup of water. Add the sambar powder to it, along with salt.

In a kadai, add the seasoning, add the onions, tomatoes and garlic(if u use) and sauté.Add the veggies and sauté for some more time…
    Add the mixture of tamarind allow to boil well. When it starts to reduce, add the ground paste..and mix..and allow to cook for 5 minutes more…
    This tastes awesome when allowed to rest for few hours...goes well with dosas, rice .

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 18, 2008
    2 people like this.
  3. sundarusha

sundarusha Gold IL'ite

I was made aware that the photos that I had posted for my sweets were misiing. Thanks Malathy for letting me know. My laptop crashed a few weeks ago and we had to rebuild the operating system.
    I am re-posting the missing photos

1. Carrot Burfi 2. Rasgollas 3.Date Mysorepak 4. Dry fruits halwa

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  4. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Recipe for Ennai Kathrikai....

Recipe for Ennai Kathrikai:

Ennai Kathrikai
    Ingredients:
    Small brinjals (Indian eggplants)
    Dhaniya Powder- Dry roast whole dhaniya, gram dhal & red chillies and powder them coarsely.
    Salt
    Hing
    Turmeric
    Oil for frying

Method:
    Choose firm, small and fresh brinjals for this recipe.

Slit the brinjals into 4 from the top to the side, keeping the bottom intact. We can remove the green stem at the bottom or keep it as such.

To the dhaniya powder, add hing, salt and turmeric powder. Mix them well in a bowl.

Now stuff the brinjals one by one with this powder (depending upon your taste) and place them carefully so that the powder does not spill out.

Place a Kadai on the stove and pour some oil for shallow frying.

Please note : The brinjals should not be deep fried and adding too much oil will make it soggy.
    Then add mustard seeds to the oil, after they pop, add 5 to 6 brinjals at a time .
    Keep them in medium heat. After a minute or so, sprinkle some water (to make it moist, supple and prevent drying) and close the kadai with the brinjals with a heat resistant lid.

This aids the brinjals getting soft on the insides and the shallow frying makes them crisp on the outside.

After 2 to 3minutes, turn them over so that they are evenly cooked on all sides.

This way, place them in batches of 5 or 6 depending upon the size of the kadai/pan.

It may take approximately 5-6min for a batch.

Drain them on a paper towel (optional). Some of the masala powder may over flow into the oil which can be removed from time to time. Add more oil whenever needed.

Ennai Kathrikai goes well with Sambar rice/Bisibela bhath and curd rice too !!

Last edited: Nov 21, 2008
  5. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Dears,

Had Tomato rice + Keera masiyal with Ulundu appalam (Microwave ) for lunch and made Aval upma for dinner !

Enjoy !!

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  6. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Hi all,:hiya

Attached pics of

Potato Bonda with hot sauce (prepared by my mom):)

Kothavarangai Pulikoottu with Kunukku (again made by my mom)

Soft idlis with Tomato coriander chutney (Chitvish Recipe)-prepared by me

Kalyana Rasam (chitvish's recipe)-prepared by me

Enjoy!

Cheers
    Krithika

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
  7. Jithiks

Jithiks Gold IL'ite

Attaching Kalyana Rasam

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  8. Gowri66

Gowri66 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Made Pavakkai(Bitter gourd) Pitlai and relished with Corn Tostadas (appalam madiri )

Enjoy....:idea

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  9. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi i posted this yesterday morning. it has gone missing so posting again.

my ds came home on friday saying one of his friends brought a princess paratha..i don't know the source of the recipe...but anything called rotis,kulchas,naans...my son is flat...so on his request and explanation i have tried it..
    he wanted to have it immediatly..so picture is not picture perfect...
    princess parathas (maybe because of the pink colour) +avakkai+curds
    parathas made from beetroot juice (i soaked the beetroot i had cut for porichakuzhambu in hot water..drained the water for the pink color), stuffing is minced cauliflower and moong sprouts..DS felt potato stuffing would be more tastier...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    2 people like this.
  10. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

Dear Friends

Its mine........and GUESS what is their in the first snap?????

Attached Files:

2 people like this.