Views on INDIAN PUBLIC SCHOOL, COIMBATORE,

Discussion in 'Coimbatore' started by Saisakthi, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Dear Maniraj Sister,

Welcome to IL family, hope you would enjoy being here,

Thanks for your efforts giving us the real time status, Best wishes..

2. PGM

PGM New IL'ite

I logged in to share exactly the same views as expressed by Maniraj. Sad I did not get this message before I put my kid in the school. IB curriculum works best only when taught by people who know about it. When that is not the case, the kids suffer and worse off than the ill performing local schools. Just infrastructure does not make a school great, it's the teachers and sad that Ashok - the Chairman fails to realise this.

1 person likes this.
  3. machan

machan Platinum IL'ite

Hi I agreed with maniraj.what she told is 100% correct.The staffs are often not correcting the Notebooks.And they are not even taking interest in child's education.Simply coing and going.very worst ..They are giving one topic as homework,but next day they are not at all checking whether it is correct or wrong..In my opinion this school is not good.Now i am planing to 'change the school .

4. aries1972

aries1972 New IL'ite

thanks for info about ips school.i am also looking for a igcse school in coimbatore.i am moving from singapore.
    IPS school never replies.i heard ssvm and bvm is good.

5. aries1972

aries1972 New IL'ite

for IG they must have good and experienced teachers.not teachers from matric/freshers from college.i do not know
    how they IG status.

6. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi Kishoremommy,

I was looking for information about the IPS in Coimbatore and Tiruppur and glad that came across your post. Can you please share with me some details about the school system.

My son is in sixth grade in US now and I am planning to move to India for good in 2015. I am planning to put him in a IPS school to make the transition easier for him.Because I personally think that would be best for him than the CBSE school system to catch up. But I am getting mixed opinions about the IGCSE system that it is not recognized by most of the professional colleges and we need to switch to either CBSE/ICSE later in his school years. Since you said your son studied in IPS, Erode., can you please share about what did you guys do for the higher secondary school year(cbse/icse/igcse). Since I have been out of India for more than a decade I find it hard to make a decision about schools. Kindly pour some light on this area.

I am very worried that he can't cope up with CBSE mainly because of the second language problem. He can speak/read/write in Tamil, maybe in second grade level. With IGCSE in IPS,he can choose French that is being taught from sixth grade onwards.so kindly share your thoughts and experience with me.

Thanks in Advance.

Selvi

7. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Hi saisakthi... its been two years since you posted this question, can you please share your experience about how this school hunt worked out for you. hope your kid is enjoying the new school.

thanks in advance

Selvi

8. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite

Shanvy Mam.... I have read many of your posts in this forum. Very informative. Thank you for helping us all by sharing your thoughts and knowledge.

9. swaram2576

swaram2576 Bronze IL'ite

10. selviik

selviik Senior IL'ite