1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vid & Chakra - Fatness to Fitness! Journey continues...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Nov 30, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

:hiya
    Hi friends, I am back again.. Brace yourself to bear with me :)

Vid's weight loss antics is not new to many of the ILites here. You can read about the past ramblings here.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/139559-i-am-dieting-you-know.html

Vid's weighing scale has started a non-cooperation movement against her. It has been consistently flashing the same readings to her even after months of hard work (really! she has worked hard this time...). Anyways her challenge is still up and she has been trying different ways to conquer it. Such is the power of this machine, it can make you go on rough and tough journeys. Ahhh.. You have to scale heights to please this weighing scale... All for a machine!

[​IMG]

Her journey from "fatness" to "fitness" continues... Her co-traveller in this journey is "Chakra" (who else!).

Jogging is her new found passion. And every weekend she runs away (not literally :)) to Lalbagh with Chakra. So her weekend mornings are reserved for running/jogging/walking (whatever you would like to call it). For once the scene is reversed, Chakra is running ahead and Vid is behind him, following his foot steps and trying to catch up with him.

[​IMG]

One such weekend, huffing and puffing Vid and Chakra were on their weekend morning ritual. They happened to meet a relative after a very long time. His first words to Vid were "Hey Vid! You have gone slim!!!" Yes, he said this with all the exclamation marks intact. Do I have to tell you how happy Vid was on hearing this? She asked Chakra to repeat the words to make sure she had heard it right. She didn't stop at this. She went back home and double checked the dictionaries for the meaning of "slim". Wish many such happy moments and compliments to Vid!:wow

Another day Vid met one of her ex-colleague. The ex-colleague started discussing an ex-issue of the ex-project of the ex-company. Apparently Vid had caused that issue before leaving the company. Ever since that day Vid has been praying not to cross paths with that ex-colleague again.:hide:

After all the hard running and sometimes also solving the ex-issues, Vid certainly deserves a prize. And Chakra deserves a bigger prize for accompanying Vid (though he accompanies halfheartedly). Their prize is the sumptuous breakfast feast in the one of the oldest and very popular food joint! Ha ha.. Now you know the real reason for Vid's new found passion...:banana The real exciting part of the journey...

The scene changes to Vid and Chakra sitting relaxed in the restaurant. Getting a table in this popular restaurant is as hard as running or jogging. Acquiring a seat definitely makes you relaxed. Many a times the table is shared with another couple or family. This is where "swalpa adjust maadi" policy of Namma Bengalooru comes into picture.

The much awaited breakfast begins... The breakfast has multiple laps similar to the laps during running. The first lap or round is the "idli round". Then comes the "dosa round", and then "poori round". Then the final lap is the "filter coffee round". You will get strange stares from your table sharing friends if you end your breakfast in one or two rounds. So be a foodie when among foodies...:iagree

The journey from fatness to fitness ends at the restaurant (Now you know how..).
    Any guesses on why the weighing scale is not budging?:confused2:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011
    3 people like this.

2. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Vid,

let me have the pleasure of writing first feed back, hopefully :) Looks like Lalbagh is the place to meet all 'long lost people' - it would be so much more fun if they did not remind us of our long lost memories! I have often heard peopel say this about Lalbagh - you eventually end up meeting someone or the other there.

Now now Vid, it is not fair you talk about MTR - oh come on! Now my mouth is watering and the best I can do is make dosa batter, idli batter allow it to ferment for atleast two days in this cold weather, else it won't you know and then think of potato curry, chutney and even if I get to do all of that who will give me boiling hot coffee in a silver glass? Now you see what you have done to me!! How much ever I 'adjust', where will I get that flavour. Got to wait till next summer - and if we decide to meet then, it has to be in MTR - all because of you!!

Here's my suggestion....all these 'rounds' should probably be followed by 5 more rounds of Lalbagh and then start over at MTR and then go around Labagh.....oh my! I can see myself going round and round with suggestions :spin....please don't follow this suggestion. I want you to get back home, take a look at the 'non-budging' scale and go back again to Lalbagh the next weekend, to run more, to meet more people and to eat more rounds with all those wonerful people who truly know the meaning of "swalpa adjust madkolli" in B'lore!!

4 people like this.
  3. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Wow! I loved the exercise regimen you are maintaining!
    Especially the post lalbagh-run. idli, dosai, poori you should not miss the badam halwa of MTR..just ghee oozing melt-in-you-mouth delicious.
    Next time try it..and run all the way back home...

Enjoyed it very much Vidhya! Very hilarious!

3 people like this.
  4. vchelluri

vchelluri Gold IL'ite

Hey Vid,
    It seems your & my weighing scales have made a mutual contract of non-cooperation movement against us. My scale is also showing the same reading since a year and badly rejecting to yield in my favour. My DH being a good friend of it, constantly pokes me of my lazy exercise movement. :rant
    You know I am a very frustrated with all the workouts.:bowdown
    Initially I started skipping to win my battle and did sincerely for some long period this time but only to finally quit again.:hide:
    So this time I had chosen walking which fits well to my mind & body and continuing successfully.
    My DH firmly determined, not to leave me in peace, literally forced me to try on jogging and he bought a new MP3 headphone(with no wire mess) esp. for my jogging. :bonk
    So finally I had started my jogging with new spirits and freshness only to found myself flat on the ground on one day and literally dragged myself to home carefully.:spin
    Seeing that my DH learnt a lesson not to poke in my exercise matters and opted an outsider approach to just watch.:biggrin2:
    I sincerely stuck myself to my regular walking schedule, not to give up, with more determination. One fine day I encountered one of my neighbour showering me with lots of praises for my sincere effort (seems she watched me regularly from her window while I went for jog) and said that I have reduced a lot. I was sooooooooooo happy hearing that I questioned back again to cross check if I had heard right and this time confirmed. Soon after coming home I want to recheck with my weighing scale and declare my victory over it to my DH only to find it stuck at my regular level.:bang
    These days, I have even sacrificed by abstaining myself from relishing in outside restaurants during weekends.:bowdown
    But still determined to win my battle even in long run with more attempts.

But now you have tempted me a lot by mentioning about those lovely soft idlis, dosas with delicious coconut chutney and my lovely coffee and pooris.
    So now I am back keeping my wows aside and to relish myself with them this week.:hide: with strong determination of sticking on to my wow from next week.

Enjoyed reading your post dear.

Regards,
    Latha.

2 people like this.
  5. vidraghu

vidraghu Platinum IL'ite

Wow.... nice to hear about you fitness secret.... Had a great time on reading it!

6. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Hey Vid,

Did you know the trap that that famous old time restaurant laid long ago for the Lalbagh runners? :rotfl

Well, may be you are losing inches and the fat is getting converted to muscle. And muscle weighs more than fat. Besides you must have heard of the plateau effect. Patience dear. I won't say "moti wait". :hide:

3 people like this.
  7. Bpremalatha

Bpremalatha Gold IL'ite

Mast one... So funny..enjoyed it

1 person likes this.
  8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidu....
    What a coincindental write up.......:thumbsup this snippet is gathering of buddies in arm sort hey???:cheers Just like you n Latha my efforts are same my relatives too said same my old tight clothes too told I have lost weight but the weighing scales dont have mercy....:rantSo I have decided..."Moti will not weight again" (Satchi am taking the words coined by you....):hide:

3 people like this.
  9. SSC

SSC Platinum IL'ite

Haha!! Is that why the fat chick never goes slim?? :p Just kidding!

Thats how most of my work-outs end! I hit the gym, work-out for an hour, get tired, end up eating four-cheese lasagna for dinner! And my BF teases me saying that SSC 2.0 is never going to arrive, and he is very much happy with my 1.0 version.. lol!

2 people like this.
  10. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vid...
    Nice write-up dear....:)
    You got to be happy that your weighing scale is not budging on the wrong side...having taking all those idli,dosa,poori rounds.......:rotfl:rotfl:hide:....
    I think it is because of the fitness rounds.......:thumbsup

4 people like this.