1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Via Dolorosa

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Akanksha1982, Jan 17, 2015.

1. curiousgals78

curiousgals78 Gold IL'ite

Awesome and so humorous.
    great thoughts ROFL for the diapers though.

1 person likes this.
  2. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thanks curiousgals78

3. dsmenon

dsmenon Gold IL'ite

Very funny @Akanksha1982.. Had so much fun reading it.. Keep writing more.. :)

1 person likes this.
  4. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi Akansha
    At first I smiled and just enjoyed the article for the humor alone!
    As I was doing it I sensed the serious message that you were sending. So re-read it, this time relishing the message.
    For me it was liking having curd rice with avakkai pickle, or maybe gulab jamun with ice cream.... The completeness, the satisfaction.
    Many things came to my mind...the adage "counting the trees and missing the forest" was one - how we analyse the unimportant and miss the overall message.

It also reminded me of a Tamil movie song in the 60s-70s where Subramani Bharathiar, a great poet who encouraged women empowerment laments to women, " I told you all to improve your knowledge; did I tell you to reduce your clothes...." for misunderstanding his message.

Only a very intelligent person can write satires on such topics without offending others.
    I too salute you!

A Note: We should add one more apple to our history books! The last apple that Alan Turing bit into! Alan Turing built the computer to decode Hitler's cryptic messages and helped shorten WWII by at least two years preventing thousands of deaths (civilian and military).

5. Akanksha1982

Akanksha1982 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you kkrish mam. hehe .... gulab jamun with ice cream that was too good. Maybe it is Jalepeno bhajji with gulab jamun. Yes, we all get busy counting trees, missing the forest. You are absolutely right.

Thanks for adding one more apple as well. I didn't know about it. Learning something new daily.