Very Short Cervix, Funneling At 20 Weeks With Cervix Stitch...pls Help

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Daffodil13, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks laks09.... I am yet to ask doc on lactacyd. I will check with her once.
    I spoke abt steroid injections which they give for baby lung development, for which my doc said that they don't give that early and asked me to wait till 28th week. I believe that you are saying abt same steroids...right? Correct me if wrong. Thanks so much dear , I am wishing at least to reach 34- 35 weeks where there should be no need to be in nicu .
    Can I know how long baby has been put in nice if delivered by 28-29 weeks, just for my idea...hope your kid is doing good. I am little worried both from health wise and financial wise to have baby in nicu..

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Daffodil13 - If your doc wants to wait for the corticosteroids until 28 weeks then that's the best course of action. Yes, it's for baby's lung maturity. Docs have to time it right because after 4-5 weeks it loses its efficacy and they have to administer it again. 28 weeks is ideal because after 34 weeks you generally don't need it. Let's hope the baby stays out until near term.
    My son was in the NICU for six weeks mainly because he was breathing right. That's why I'm a big advocate of the prenatal corticosteroids. I don't think he has any long term residual impacts of prematurity. He has autism but that's not due to being a preemie. I'm still in touch with the other moms from the NICU. Even the 26 weeker born with him went home and is a very smart first grader now. My son was born in India, btw. He was in a level 4 NICU. My DD was born in a NICU in the US and I was happy with the one in India. They were up to par with the ones here.
    It's expensive, I hope you stay put. We were fortunate because my DH's employer reimbursed the entire NICU bill except for the diaper costs but I know it can add up. I hope you don't stress yourself out about all that now. Take it easy and stay positive. Medical sciences has advanced enough. Labor stopping drugs can stop labor effectively for weeks and weeks. Let's get you to 34 weeks.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  3. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks so much Laks..Your reply really made my worry lesser..:)
    I really want to reach at least 34-35 weeks but preparing myself for worse as well with my current condition & complications...I have been put on stitch during 20 weeks and now i am just 24 weeks but i had something or other issue during all past 3-4 weeks. One week I had bleeding, another week full discharge and they found UTI and vaginal infection (they gave anti-biotics) ...Now from last 3-4 days , I get stabbing pain in my vagina & pelvic area even on bed rest...so crossing my fingers and praying to god to pls make me reach atleast 28 weeks (first point of safety) and then will think about next..

It gives me a big relief that babies do well, when even born at 27-28 weeks..I know its not easy for both mother & baby to go through that phase and having baby in NICU..But atleast fear of baby loss wont be there...

I have to check with my employer and DH's to see if they by any chance cover the expenses, in case needed..If not, it will be little heavy on us but cant do much..

Lots of prayers to your little one..

Laks09 likes this.
  4. Laks09

@Daffodil13 - Take it one day at a time. Each day in the womb matters. You are still not fully effaced so chances are high that your stitch will hold.
    Yes, do check on status of insurance with your employer. Most MNCs and big firms have decent hospitalization reimbursement so you should hopefully be covered if the need arises.

Hang in there.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Daffodil,
    Stay strong. Rest well now. I think proluton depot will prevent contractions. Hope baby will grow well.
    Take care.

Daffodil13 likes this.
  6. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Thanks dear...But i am getting afraid everyday with those pains...
    I am on complete bed rest...just getting up for bath and washroom. I am having meals also on bed itself now from last 3-4 days.
    When ever i stand or sit, I get very much pain. When i lie down with my foot elevated also, I feel those stabbing pains in pelvic & vaginal area. I am getting Panic with this very much. Not sure what else i can do as a precaution...I am still in 24th week..

I am just praying god to make me reach atleast 28 weeks first and then remaining weeks to think later...

7. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Yeah true...I am just hoping that stitch will hold it at least for some more weeks...But with lot of pains I get panic..
    I have to check on insurance terms..

8. Laks09

If the pain continues you could get checked out by the doc. It doesn't sound like contractions and unless you contract you won't efface any more. You should be ok with Depot shots. Can you watch some comedy movies or read something to keep negative thoughts at bay. You shouldn't think about things not within your control right now and stress. The best you can do is to forget about everyone else and concentrate on getting this baby to term. Any friends who can visit? Talking to friends will help.

9. Daffodil13

Daffodil13 Silver IL'ite

Hi Laks09, Yes dear I just went to hospital today to get it checked. Doctor said I am not contracting and nothing to worry..She said few ladies experience pain/pressure at vaginal and pelvic areas esp if it is second one. As mine is Second pregnancy and also with Cervix stitch twice..she said my baby is very low and keeping pressure over there..That could be reason for pains and she said not to worry anything now.

She suggested to take proluton injections once in every 15 days and added a new medicine daily once to keep uterus relaxed for another 4 weeks. She said the medicine has little side effect like increase in my heart beat etc..Little worried but trusting my Doc and going ahead. Thanks :) I am trying to read stories/novels and watch any movies etc..but over a period I lost interest in all of them..I like ppl around talking which i use to have during last pregnancy (last pregnancy also on 2 months bed rest but passed just like that with friends around) but this time i moved to new apartment and have no friends here...I am missing my friends and old neighbors a lot..:(

Laks09 likes this.
  10. Laks09

@Daffodil13 - Get the shots and the meds. I think i was on the oral meds. It does make your heart race an hour after taking it but only for a short while.