Very low beta hcg 21 dpo

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by anchor, Dec 11, 2015.

1. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

hi ladies, I am a pco patient and undergoing infertility treatment, ttc for 5 years, follicular study with fertility injections, today is cycle day 36 (cd 36) and 21 days post ovulation (21 dpo). Ovulated on 20th Nov

Took a hpt on day of missed period and it turned out to be negative. have stopped the susten tablet. And, Again took a hpt today early morning urine sample with a different device and got a very very faint second after 30 mins.
    My gynec says the line is faint as beta hcg could be very low and has asked me to wait for 2 more days then repeat the hpt, she also suspects that it might be a chemical pregnancy that could have likely happend, in which case may have to wait till hcg becomes zero, for starting next cycle. I came to know through internet also that very low hcg could mean either chemical pregnancy or ectopic pregnancy or other issues

Very much depressed now. I do not have any period pre-menstrual or/pregnancy like symptoms. Is there any chance for a very low hcg 21dpo to be viable??is there any hope for me...

2. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

67 Views and no replies :(
    I really need your support and prayers

3. sugugiri2010

sugugiri2010 Gold IL'ite

dont worry.... stress will make the situation even worse. stay calm wait two more days and test again... if it is an ectopic u would have faced heavy shoulder pain, so i dont think so. it can be a chemical pregnancy, but mostly chemical pregnancy do not give a positive hpt, dont worry it will be most probably a pregnancy, i have seen many have low count of HCG initially and increased later... even one of our TTC buddy @sindhu3006 experienced the same and she is leading a healthy pregnancy now.

1 person likes this.
  4. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

thanks for the support, tested again today using morning urine sample with yet another brand, but again got a very faint line. And in the noon there was mild spotting (reddish-brown in color, 1 small clot type)...so much tensed after seeing the spotting, cant reach my doctor as today is sunday. Not sure, what to do !!

5. jaden

jaden Gold IL'ite

I suggest to get an early scan asap, not to scare you or anything, but to put ur mind at ease. When I experienced an ectopic I didn't have any symptoms except for a bad back ache,and mild bleeding. Even if ur docs not available can you check your beta to see if it's doubles?? With ectopic it won't double.

1 person likes this.
  6. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

HPT has to show the results within 5 minutes. After 30 minutes the results are unreliable.
    Checking beta hCG would be a better option as it has passed 21 days post ovulation. By this time there should be evident hCG in your blood and urine.
    Take care.

1 person likes this.
  7. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

thanks jaden for your reply. Took blood test today morning hcg level is 180.
    Doctor not available today also, the hospital staff asked to repeat the blood test after 2 days and come to clinic.
    Today is 39th day of my cycle and exactly 24 days post ovulation. Is it safe to take the scan this early? Is TVS scan safe to be taken? OR, Can I wait for 2 more days and then take the scan at clinic along with hcg report...
    I dont have back pain and spotting also stopped. But, Since yesterday i am having leg and join pain, can this be related to some issue ?

8. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

May be you should repeat the blood days after 24 hours to see if its increasing properly or not.
    TVS scan is safe as long as experienced hands are doing it! May be you can wait for your regular doc if no other pressing troubles. Hang in there.

Sticky baby dust to you.

1 person likes this.
  9. anchor

anchor New IL'ite

Thanks Vasumathy. Today did both upt and blood test. today i could see the second line within 5 mins, which was thicker than the previous 2 upt's, but still not as dark as the other line. did a blood test too today, but 180 is no where close to the ideal value for 39th day of cycle...that is why worrying. Will take another blood test and keep posted here...really thanks a lot for the support

10. HKR

HKR New IL'ite

Well, with both my pregnancies, I faced similar issues. The first time I started spotting brown and black around the 28th day of my cycle. After two days I decided to see a doctor and she ordered for a urine pregnancy test. The result was a faint positive. The doctor did an internal examination and told me that the uterus was opening and that this pregnancy won't last long. She ordered two series of blood tests(Beta hcg) to be done in a span of 2 days. The initial beta turned out to be 28 and the second one was 62. The doctor told me that the beta values were way below what was expected. I decided to follow the wait and watch approach and then consulted a more reputed doctor. This doctor ordered for a transvaginal scan at 7 weeks and the result was a healthy foetus with a strong heartbeat. My son is now 6 years old.

Second time around I conceived in US. I had no spotting or bleeding, just a faint BCP. But this time too, the doctor I went too, advised me to go for blood test around the 8th week. The beta values were above 10000 and were not doubling. Again this doctor told me that the pregnancy was not viable, without even doing the scan at 8 weeks. Again I had to change doctors for a reliable diagnosis and my little daughter is now 2 years old.

So please do not worry about the Hcg values, our moms and grand mothers gave birth to healthy babies without measuring this hormone level. Good Luck!!

3 people like this.