Very Indian Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blindpup10, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. minn1

minn1 Silver IL'ite

knowing about 'sex' or asking about 'sex' is chi chi.....sin..bad girl ,very modern etc.about many times i wonder, but questions like ,after mrg why don't u have kids ..some ppl even demands we want grandchild immediately etc infront of everybody to their very innocent daughters even without an iota of shame they are asking you about your sex life so blatantly ?? and how do these elders even expect their innocent daughters to have sex with an unknown stranger immediately after mrg .i really dont get it.....is it that they forgot the 'act of sex' for baby making .....head swirl i dont get it o_O

2. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

And this is the time when probably the most significant conversation takes place...

Giri12, peddadas and Akanksha1982 like this.
  3. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Very Indian problems

Telling extended family that your son/daughter is having a "love marriage". The parents have to appear sufficiently hurt, wronged, miffed, and assert that the new bride/groom is an unfit choice.

Meghaa, Giri12, coffeecups and 16 others like this.
  4. meepre

meepre Gold IL'ite

Not sure if this happens only in our family. When you call home from far and there are relatives at home, we are forced to talk to everyone. Though we are not comfortable phone will be transferred to others.

Meghaa, candidheart, Giri12 and 23 others like this.
  5. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Totally happens! Worst was when I was working pre-child.
    Mum: aunty abc is here. Would you like to talk to her?
    Me: no mum. No. Really not. I have a meeting to get into.
    Mum: oh I see! How nice. She wants to talk to you too. Let me put her on.
    Me: ma! Not now! STOOO...
    Aunty ABC: helloooo! How are you? When are you going to give us good news? You both have enjoyed for so long. Now stop family planning and make us all grandparents when we still have the strength to run around behind your little ones. Understand?

AAAARRRRGHH

6. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

This reminds me that in India
    family planning means doing something(contraception etc) to not have children
    Else where family planning means planning for a baby , (stop using contraception)

Giri12, Anisu, sindmani and 11 others like this.
  7. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

Another Indian thing,
    Going as a group (with friends), mostly we are seen as groups, (may be first few years we do it)

Be it to get a coffee in office or a special shopping in malls .
    Outside homes or apts you can find only Indian guys groups standing and chatting , in office for smoke also some guys go as groups, I saw a group in office they live in same apt , come together, go lunch home together , evening go together , coffee together smoke together when in office, I don't think they were car pooling

sindmani, madras2018 and blindpup10 like this.
  8. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

And also comment about Indian girls/women as a group.

sindmani and KashmirFlower like this.
  9. idonthatemylife

idonthatemylife Silver IL'ite

Expected to dress up like a bride in every family function wearing all those Silk sarees promoting Jewellery shops especially in in-laws family functions. Or else you will have tough time escaping from all those Grandmas and aunties who are eager to check you out from head to toes.

10. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

Some more Indian problems:

- As soon as one (a woman) gets married, she will be promoted to aunty. Doesn't matter eve if she is 22.
    - If you are a woman in her 20s (under 25), the relationship status can be single. If you are a woman in her 30s, the relationship status is unmarried.
    - Every random person is uncle or aunty or anna or bhaiya or bhabhi. Never ever use maam/sir/Mr/Ms.
    - Every non-Indian friend/colleague think you eat curry. With your hands. Plus they think you practice yoga.

Giri12, peddadas, sindmani and 9 others like this.