Very Indian Problems

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by blindpup10, Sep 16, 2016.

Tags:
  1. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

We do fasting every Friday/Saturday so won't eat rice just finish with some tiffin items like dosa etc :confused:

We spend lakhs of money on gold to keep in almara for years but thinks twice to buy costly mopping sticks, dish washers etc which can make life easier :clapclap:

2. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi All,

This reminds me of an incident which my frnd had shared. I guess some guests had come to her house along with a kid. When my friend's mom offered the sweets to the kid, the kid was staring at her mom. then my frnd's mom again asked her to have the sweets. Still the kid didn't take it. once my frnd's mom told it for the 3rd time, the kid asked her mom...mummy aunty asked to me have sweet for the third time, can i have it now ?? :)

3. SeekingMind

SeekingMind Silver IL'ite

Can't believe Indians doing that... :mad:
    :rage::rage: Damn these Wannabes!!

blindpup10 likes this.
  4. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

:roflmao::roflmao: Out of the mouth of babes.

SeekingMind likes this.
  5. blindpup10

@Avanti30- Oh Yes!! This is one thing I heard constantly too.. "You will get married only once... Why not have a grand wedding". For 2 days wedding ceremony one has to spend lifetime savings:BangHead:
    Fulfilling all the customs and traditions... there will be little room for bride and grooms wants.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2016
  6. blindpup10

@Rihana-
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy: Good ones.

7. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Marriage happens between two unknown people ...:thinking:

8. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

I cook but reluctantly. So when guests come on short notice, I get takeout menus out - I'd rather order in and have a good time with guests than be making sub-standard pakodas! We aren't so bothered by the odd funny comment...

However when parents are here, phew! The mums insisting on cooking a simple meal for everyone is the biggest Indian problem for me!

9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Rebuke on dressing in a simple way.

Wearing a salwar kameez to party, wedding or other big gatherings. No matter how "fancy" it is, some guests and even the hostess sometimes, will comment that I did not wear a saree, or lehenga or whatever. Actually experienced it. Once wore a really fancy jug-mug (shiny work) kurti on expensive jeans and high-heels to a Friday evening party. This couple was throwing the party after a long time, and it was to celebrate multiple milestones. At the door, the hostess, gives me the top-to-bottom look and says, 'oh you wore a kurti'. Husband next to me who didn't wear Indian clothes, gets away with no such dressing down [pun intended!]

And even if I wear a saree, one madam will always say it is very simple. Heard this at my own house-warming function. "Oh I thought you would wear at least a Kanjeevaram." DH says fire on my face matched the fire in havan. : )

whatever happend to atithi devo bhava! Guest is God, in whatever attire!

10. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

I cried in my marriage ... I was not suppose eat anything till marriage but only fruits and juices... Some cousin came with pasta in hand from my marriage and I was changing to wear yellow Saree for puja ... The moment I saw pasta I cried my heart out . Mom thought it's because of wedding I was like its my marriage and they are eating ! Cousin was shocked . They laugh on this but trust me it wasn't funny !

amulya2020, Giri12, peddadas and 13 others like this.