Very excited about my new venture

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by radhika79, Feb 9, 2012.

1. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Re: Deciding on the venture

Dear Sister,

Ya absolutely true, dont be carried away because someone else has mad it big...

May Baba bless you in abundance, show you the right direction, guide and streghthen when you feel low, last of all give you good health.

Amidst your busy schedule keep us updated

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. siri777

siri777 Bronze IL'ite

Hî. Radhika,

Just I want to say thank u. And I wish u all the best.

3. sowmya4

sowmya4 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Radhika,

I organise Exhibitions in & around Bangalore. Do let me know if you are intrested in coming up & putting
    the stall. You could send me a PM & we'll take it forward from there.

Thanks & Regards,
    Sowmya

4. AnanyaAditri

AnanyaAditri New IL'ite

Good luck Radhika, Even we are planning to start a boutique in tarnaka area. Your information will be very useful to me.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  5. manmathi

manmathi Silver IL'ite

Congrats and all the very best.

6. prabha23

prabha23 New IL'ite

best wishes radika

7. agayathree

agayathree Bronze IL'ite

Dear Radhika,
    Congratulations! :) Wishing you Good luck on your new venture. Please let us know where will you be located in bangalore? May God bless you with good health, Peace, Prosperity and Success.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  8. pari85

pari85 Bronze IL'ite

Radhika

GOOD luck dear and really thanx for ur useful info :) glad to know hows it progressing?

TC
    Pari

9. radhika79

radhika79 Silver IL'ite

Thank you everyone for the wishes.. means a lot to me..

The business is progressing very well. I deal with both wholesale and retail cotton dress materials and as summer is approaching, the demand is good :) But this is seasonal, so need to make the best of it. One reason for the delay in reponse.

My next post follows soon..

10. radhika79

radhika79 Silver IL'ite

Business started and first setback

When deciding on which business to start, i automatically leaned towards textile business as both my mom and dad's family are into textile business. However, they are mostly into wholesale business of sarees. I wanted to go for dress materials because they are more in demand among working women in cities than sarees.

The first wholesale purchase and setback:
    When i started looking for a supplier, i went with what everyone was saying. "Go to Chickpet in Bangalore" or "Go to Charminar in Hyd". I and my sis went to Chickpet in Bangalore and checked out few shops. Most were into retail but when we said we were looking for a wholesale supplier, they said they will be able to supply. Then started search for who can give good prices. Finally decided on one wholesaler who gave a better bargain than others and also agreed to ship the materials to our place.

Before we made the payment, we pulled out few random materials from the lot. Checked for the quality, length, printing, etc and were satisfied. We were there when the packing was going on and waited till the entire material was packed into a bale. We were assured that the same parcel would be shipped. I signed on the parcel to make sure the same one is shipped to me. We took so many precautions and thought we did everythig right. How naive we were

After few days, the parcel reached Hyd. On first glance, the materials were what we selected. But when we started inspecting closely, every material had a small defect. Either printing or the length is wrong. We called up the wholesaler who claimed that the materials were same as we selected. We had to again ship the package back to Bangalore, haul it to the wholesaler and threaten him with police action. FINALLY!! we got proper mateials from him. Thanks to my brother in law who can talk tough with such guys.

First timers, please please dont go for wholesale purchasers in these areas unless you have someone very reliable or you know how to assess the quality of materials and the price.

Lesson learnt: when you are buying the product dont go by hearsay. Do your research and find a reliable supplier.

Now i have a very reliable supplier who supplies very good quality materials for good price. This helps me give good prices to my customers :)

Giri12 likes this.