Vermilion Substitute

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by seekingheart, May 23, 2019.

1. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

The person just needs a good heart and faith in God. Light a lamp in front of God and pray. That's it

seekingheart and SinghManisha like this.
  2. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

I have to agree with @Sunshine04 Bindi’s do not define Indian women or their husbands longevity anymore.

Sunshine04 likes this.
  3. Sunshine04

[​IMG]she looks pretty in sari

SinghManisha likes this.
  4. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Hi, my parents raised me to respect all religions, we used to celebrate all major festivals of every religion at home even when we were kids.

So as a parent now, I teach the same to my kid by participating in religious events of other religions as well. I have no hesitation to be a part of it as I respect all faith n rituals. And people accept me with open arms, appreciate the mentality n there are a few that are annoyed or doesn’t understand this open mindedness. That only talks about their narrow mindedness n doesn’t define us. I can’t make my mind narrow or show the same to my kid just because of a few people.
    Conclusion: you can’t make everyone happy. If you feel like wearing a bindi, go ahead. Don’t worry, do what you feel is right as long as it’s with good heart n respect.

5. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

One foreign friend asked me “what is the significance of guys exposing the right **** and cover up the left?”. I made up a story about having a wife in their heart, and covering her up when looking at other girls. Just like this Bindi-conundrum, there’d be talk, rumor and explanation for anything in an exotic culture. Foreign Anthropologists should not dig themselves into a hole.

SinghManisha likes this.
  6. Sunshine04

My north Indian friend never wears bindi or mangalsutra. But she will.fast seriously for karva chauth and follow all the rituals associated with it. To each their own beliefs work

SinghManisha likes this.
  7. seekingheart

seekingheart Senior IL'ite

Thank you all for your comments and help. You've been very kind :relaxed: