1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Venky's Pranks

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Dec 6, 2007.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

Venky’s pranks:
    Today my children brought a morning walker as I am unable to step out due to pollution and traffic with so much of dust and surrounding pathetic with a flyover coming up at the end of the road and the apartment next door.

I got ready lying down there wondering what could be the experience, and started suddenly the entire body shaking with no control, so ok, let me relax, suddenly got reminded of my husband venky’s pranks, and like he saying hey you shaking like those I showed u in tharakeshwar, so many years ago in 70’s been to tharakeshwar a shiva temple in kolkata, and went to the ganges took some water had a prokshanam [sprinkling of water over head] done and was coming up when a dead body was being carried to the ghat to be cremated on the piled up woods.

Venky said! Look the head and body of the dead is shaking side to side. I noticed and said ok, so? He said look it says jabona jabona, [I wont go, I wont go,in Bengali] and they were saying ram nam sathya hai, ram nam sathya hai, and the shaking of the head saying asathya hai asathya hai, now once he has put in those words to the scene I could not help laughing, and now while lying here I felt asathya hai asathya hai…