Veg Recipes In Pressure Cooker.

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by sneha1985, Jun 15, 2016.

1. sneha1985

sneha1985 Gold IL'ite

What are the quick things that I can cook in pressure cooker? Since I am short on time due to my routine of working and studying as well, I used cook and refrigerate my meals in advance for a week. I feel that's kind of becoming unhealthy for me and since I am overweight I also would like to add an hour's exercise time to my routine.

I was thinking to try pressure cooker method for dinner. That way I can put something in the cooker to cook while I am taking shower after my exercise in the evening.

What all things do you cook using pressure cooker? All I know is dal rice, biryani and khichdi (Basically something that contains rice I know to cook in pressure cooker, but I looking for more recipes). I am not a huge fan of rice, but can have it once/twice a week.

BuviVishal likes this.

2. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

hi sneha1985

do you know about one pot one shot method? just google the dish recipe with opos

ex: pepper chicken opos.

no need to fry anything just cut and put the ingredients into cooker that is. after two whistles pepper chicken is ready.

i tried the below items

beetroot halwa
    tomato soiup
    tomato chutney
    sambar
    pepper chicken

life is easier. since you were studying it will be very helpful i guess.... in opos measurement is more important

3. deepthyanoop

deepthyanoop Gold IL'ite

I tried pasta, oats khichdi, broken wheat pulav/khichdi, chicken biriyani etc in pressure cooker. If you are not too much into rice, you can prepare khichdi or pulav with any other millets( Jowar, Barley, Quinoa). Most recipes are easily adaptable into pressure cooker. There are fabulous recipes out there. I don't know if I can post the link here.

4. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

Hi Google one pot one shot method by ramakrishna. Its wonderful. You mix everything n cook that s it. He has posted some 400 dishes. Do check n post your feedback. Its called OPOS

BuviVishal likes this.
  5. SCk

SCk Silver IL'ite

I jus checked yours. Same pinch. Ha ha ha

BuviVishal likes this.
  6. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

7. Bubbles

Bubbles Silver IL'ite

Hi OP!
    I've tried all types of sambar, veg kuruma besides rice recipes in pressure cooker. Its basically throw everything in together and let it cook.. did it as an experiment, and pleasantly surprised to find it work : my husband hasn't (yet) found any difference..:biggrin:
    I find using the pressure pan for throw-it-all-in-sambar best : the dal gets well cooked and blended. I do temper with the mustard/hing/red chillies n curry leaves first before I add everything else. But sometimes i temper in another pot and add the cooked gravy. The tamarind water I add at the end, for sambar.
    I also use a small plate over the vessel inset to steam whatever veggie side for the day - once that is done, I just need to sauté it with salt and condiments..that's a decent meal done at a go.