1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Veena

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by muggs, Feb 2, 2018.

1. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

I want to thank everyone for reading it and giving your valuable feedback.

2. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

Wonderul narration @muggs..... keep writing....
    Waiting for the other episodes, want to know what happens to veena

muggs likes this.
  3. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

Very nice narration. Ur knitting of words according to situation are amazing.

muggs likes this.
  4. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

I loved this recent episode, that was a nice meetup..I could imagine the scene ..

muggs likes this.
  5. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you :) Here comes the next episode.

6. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thank you for your kind words. :)

7. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Thanks for loving it :)

8. muggs

muggs Gold IL'ite

Chapter 17

Veena returned Ahmedabad next day after finishing her meetings and the routine life started again. The only thing, which has changed now, is an addition of a new friend in her life. Sometimes Sahil calls Veena and vice versa. They discuss, talk, advice and help each other in different situations when another person is stuck just like friends do. They don’t want any impact on their existing life with this, so they fulfill all their duties and responsibilities just the way they are doing it before or maybe better than before as now both of them have their true friend’s support. They both know that there is one person out there, to which they can speak up without being judged. They can light their hearts anytime they wanted. This friendship doesn’t take anything away from them rather it has given them strength and a broad perspective towards life.

Life was running at its pace but time always take the test of someone or the other. One day Veena got a call from the maid who works at her father’s house. She told that something happened to Shashikant and ask her to come immediately.

Veena took an auto and reach to her father’s house within half an hour. On the way, she made a call to the doctor and by the time doctor also reached Shashikant’s house.

The doctor checked his pulse and measured the blood pressure.

“What happened to Papa?” Veena asked Doctor.

“His blood pressure is very high. I am giving him an injection and prescribing some medicine. It will be normal in some time but now he needs a complete rest for few days. No stress and proper care is needed. I will suggest that he should not live alone in the house now. He needs 24/7 attention.” The doctor gave Shashikant an injection and wrote down the prescription.

“Thank you, Doctor.” Veena took the prescription.

The doctor left and Veena came back inside. She sat near her father. She looked at him and her eyes got wet. She prayed to God that he gets well soon. Now she was thinking what to do next as she cannot leave him alone here. She called Rakesh and told him that she will stay at his father’s house tonight and come back tomorrow. She called her brother Ashok.

“Veena, I am out of the country for 1 week. I will try to come back as soon as possible. Till then you stay with Papa. I will come in 1 week and take him to Delhi with me.” Ashok told Veena.

“Ok, Bhaiya. I will take care.” Veena assured him.

She also called her sister Vandita and informed about his father’s condition. Vandita told that she will reach there as soon as she gets the ticket.

Veena prepared some soup for her father and fed him. She gave him medicines and asked him to take rest. She made a bed on the floor in her father’s room for herself and lied down. She was not getting any sleep. She was worried. She has to go to her house tomorrow as she came all of a sudden but she cannot leave her father alone. She is not sure what she should do. Then an idea popped up in her mind, which can solve all the problems. She felt little relieved and after few mins, she slept.

Next morning Shashikant wake up and saw Veena packing his stuff. Veena looked at him and said, “How are you feeling now Papa?”

“Much better. Little weakness but else I am fine.” His voice was still shivering.

“Hmm… I can see that. The doctor said you need a complete rest and that’s why I have decided that you are coming with me to my house. You will stay there and take rest for few days.” Veena closed the bag’s zip.

“What are you saying Veena? How can I stay at my daughter’s house? What will people say?” Shashikant denied.

“Still you are thinking what others will say. I don’t care what anyone says. Your health is most important right now and you are coming with me. Akansha and Akshay are also there. You will feel good spending time with them.” Veena had decided.

Shashikant tried to give several reasons and excuses but Veena didn’t listen to anything. She called a cab and took her father to her house.

She set kid’s room for her father and asked him to take rest. She went into the kitchen and prepare lunch for everyone and khichdi for her father. She fed her and gave him medicines. Rakesh came from the shop and went into the room. He formally asked Shashikant about his health and after sitting for few mins he signaled Veena to come outside.

Veena asked her father to rest for sometime and told that by the time kids will also back.

As she came outside, Rakesh asked her, “Why did you bring your father here?”

Veena couldn’t understand what kind of question is this.

“I am asking something. Why did you bring him to my house? And that too even without asking me?” his voice raised little.

“Lower your voice Rakesh. He is taking rest. And what did you say? Your house. This is my house too and he is my father and not any stranger.” Veena tried to control her anger.

“You should have asked me before making this decision. And why don’t your brother take your father with him?” his voice raised again.

This time Veena lost her patience “Why… why can’t he stay here? Because I am his daughter. I am shocked how can you think so little.”

“Don’t you try to teach me.” Rakesh said to Veena angrily.

“I am not teaching. I am just telling you that he will stay here. I don’t want to argue with you on this topic. He needs rest and I request you to keep peace in the house.” Veena went into the kitchen angrily.

But Rakesh kept on blabbering. Inside the room, Shashikant heard their voices. He knew about Rakesh’s nature but he was shocked to know that he could not tolerate him for a single day and that too when he was not well. Tears rolled down from his eyes.

At night when Veena was feeding Shashikant dinner, he told her, “Veena, I want to go back. Please, you take me to my house tomorrow morning.”

“Why Papa? What happened?” Veena asked.

“Nothing happened. You are taking such a good care of me. I am feeling much better. And tomorrow Vandita will also reach by evening.” Shashikant doesn’t want Veena to feel bad.

“I understood Papa. Did you hear our conversation right? You don’t worry Papa. I had told Rakesh you are not going anywhere.” Veena tried to convince his father.

“No Veena… nothing like that. I just feel more comfortable there. Please beta, I don’t want to disturb your life. Please take me back there.” Shashikant’s voice broke.

“Okay, Papa… I will take you there tomorrow.” Veena felt disappointed. She was angry as well as sad. She was fed up with Rakesh’s nature but she thought keeping her father here will increase his stress only. And he really needs rest.

Next morning Shashikant was ready to leave. Rakesh came outside to see off him for the sake of formality. Shashikant looked at Rakesh and a thought came to his mind, “I did a huge mistake.”

“Papa, let’s go. The cab is here.” Veena holds her father’s hand and moves towards the cab. Shashikant holds her hand tightly and looked at her. Veena turned back and asked, “What happened Papa?”

He couldn’t say anything. His eyes were wet. They sat in the cab and drove towards his house.

Vandhuamma and Arunarc like this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

papa realised now...next Rakesh should realise..:tearsofjoy:..good going @muggs

muggs likes this.
  10. ratan

ratan Gold IL'ite

@ Muggs.. ! Amazing writing..

muggs likes this.