1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Variety Is The Spice Of Life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 26, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

“Accept what life offers you and try to drink from every cup. All wines should be tasted; some should only be sipped, but with others, drink the whole bottle.”
    ― Paulo Coelho, Brida

I always believe in variety is the spice of life. Life is to enjoy and we should make use of each day and make it special. I love variety in everything. Dont like the same everyday , food also I enjoy variety.

When I was young I had many dreams but due to financial problems many of my dreams were not fulfilled. I used to see others wearing diamond earings. I cant wear but I used to make . Those days Maharashtrians used to wear pearl earings in which holes used to be there. I used to remove the pearls , I had white stones with me h me dont know from where I got so Iused to stick stones to the clay and fix in the earing and wear. I used to make ordinary pearl chains and every week used to change the design and wear.

When I started wearing sarees and starting working used to get bored wearing the same saree again and again could not buy new sarees , so used to get the sarees printed, that time saree printing was not so costly. Now I have so many sarees , some gifted , some given by my daughters , but since I am not working can wear only when I go for occasions. Since few years after my cataract operation I am able to
    make jewellery as you all know , so make matching jewellery for the sarees I have and feel happy. Now a days it is not necessary to wear gold , even rich people wear fashionable jewellery. For marriages earlier ladies used to wear kanchipuram sarees but now the trend is changed and there are different varieties .

Jewellery also I go on changing when I see different variety.

When I got married in my house everyday they used to make all thorans adding coconut . Mostly all Kerala varities , though I used to like those but I like masala vegies more. Now I am fulfilling those wishes by making different varieties of food. Morning if I make avial then for dinner I make either adai or pongal as avial will go well with pongal or adai, morning mor kuzhambu then evening upma kozhakattai or sevai which will go well with morkuzambu. Mostly dosa for which can have with anything . Now a days I have started making carrot thogayal . Yesterday made carrot halwa for the first time. I am not expert in cooking but somehow learnt to make mysore pak and now a days 7 cups which has become famous and easy to make.

In my life I have learnt to adjust in life in many things. You will laugh If it tell you I have a chapathi kal which broke into half but am still using that. Now a days everthing drops from my hand. Day before when I was keeping the milk from the gas to the medai half the milk spilled, thank God my husband did not notice . Yesterday one nice knife fell down and became two parts. Somehow I am using that as it is a very good one though three more knives are there.

Now I can understand you all must be thinking hope you dont change your husband, how can I change we are together since 46 years and may be we are different from each other but we complete each other.In so many things we are just the opposite but I have learnt to adjust with him and he is doing so much punya which is more necessary in life

To be individual, my friends, to be different from others, is the only way to become distinguished from the common herd. Let us be glad, therefore, that we differ from one another in form and in disposition. Variety is the spice of life, and we are various enough to enjoy one another's society; so let us be content.

L. Frank Baum

Vijaya@17, shravs3, sindmani and 6 others like this.

2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:that is a lovely hint why we should like spices in our food and in life. Varities in food and fashion and in travel itinerary is always good but the hint about changing husband is quite a point and I interesting.
    Regards.

shravs3, iyerviji and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Another interesting take on life Vijima @iyerviji. The adjustments (out of necessity or fancy) you are talking are a part of creative journey. Since I stitch my clothes, I find it creatively satisfying when I recycle something and renew it.:)

4. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    My dear Viji
    All people have dreams but not all dreams become a reality. That's the beauty of life. Over a period, non-fulfillment of dreams makes us stronger and more pragmatic.
    Remember what Abdul Kalam said:
    'Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.'
    Now is the time for us to recall such aspects of life that make us happy and proud.
    Sri

5. iyerviji

Thanks bro

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. iyerviji

Glad to know you liked the post and to know you stitch your own clothes. That's very good ,now a days stitching has become very costly. I manage with the blouses I have

7. iyerviji

Very true Anna. Thanks for your lovely feedback which I will follow

Thyagarajan and Cheeniya like this.
  8. iyerviji

Thanks for the likes.Glad toget your Like my dear Anna, @Cheeniya felt I got an award

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. Thyagarajan

:hello:I thought over thread the highlighted quote as above.
    2. My daughter came over thrusting into
    my hand a stainless steel tumbler - brim full - tender coconut water at around half past seven this morning.
    That was time for my biscuits and second time diluted coffee. She said " switch to healthier habit. No second coffee today; drink this coconut water only in small sips and each sip remain in your mouth till it's ph reduced with saliva and then swallow. Next half an hour sip this slowly and swallow slowly with all your dhyan only in this water and enjoy the mind getting into a harmony.
    A delectable punishment indeed.
    Regards.
    GOD BLESS.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2019
  10. Thyagarajan

:hello:some sweet dream some strange area. Sweet moments I wake up. But unable to recollect dream what I had in its entirety. It was during still hours.
    Regards.