1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti's Story In Anandha Vikatan... Again!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Jul 7, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    The new Anandha Vikatan which is on stands today contain our Varalotti's short story, "Peria Idathu Uttharavu."
    Varalotti maintains the policy of giving a totally different story every time. And this story honours that policy.
    The story is a beautiful elucidation of the concept "Unity in Diversity" and it is brought out in a completely different and a very touching manner. As I finished reading the story my eyes were wet.
    The substance of the story is packed in the the few lines of dialogue by the protoganist towards the end of the story. And there could not have been a more fitting ending.

I don't want to say anyting more and spoil your suspense. But let me place on record that I love paragraphs 4 and 5 appearing in Page 95. So well written that it goes directly to your heart.

Those of you who have access to the Net Vikatan may share their access with the ILites.
    Chitra

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Chitra

Dear Chitra,
    No one else but you could have so beautifully summed up my story in so few words. Thanks.
    This is one story I loved writing. Vikatan accepted this story way back in 2002 but published it only now. I could not resist my tears even while writing the story.

Raja (Solomon Pappiah Patti manram) who had returned from Chennai after his schedule for Shivaji called me up first thing in the morning to say that he liked the story very much.
    Thanks Chitra, once again.
    regards,
    sridhar

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

A Habit..

Like mentioned last time, it has become a habit of Varalotti to dish out his beautiful thoughts in words and Chitra's to bring the latest of his to our notice:) We sure are not wanting in matter to indulge ourselves with good reading...only the access seems to be a bit of hassle. But then, hey, when there is a will, there is a way:)

It goes without saying that my congratulations and best wishes are there for you Sridhar. Next time, I may not even mention this line as it sounds so repetititve (!) I hope you by now know it is always there for you from me:)

L, Kamla

4. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Congrats Sridhar!!! Thats a very nice story....:clap :clap

Ladies, here is the story attached... Enjoy!

:)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 7, 2006
  5. varalotti

Thanks Kamla

Certain words and phrases, even though they become habitual, never lose their potency. Your children might have called you Amma for so many years. That does not make the sound less exciting. So it is with the words of congratulation from you.
    To be honest I have been trying hard to post the html version of the story. But could not. IL does not support HTML attachments now.
    Kavya, Lakshmi, is there any way out from this?
    regards,
    sridhar

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Varalotti's story-access

Just read Varalotti's story in Vikatan. Congrats, Varalotti and way to go!

cheers
    Vidya

Last edited: Feb 16, 2008
  7. varalotti

Thanks Selvi

Dear Selvi,
    thanks a million,
    a) for the words of praise
    b) for sparing time to read the story (I know how difficult it is with your baby around)
    and
    c) for sharing the story with all.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Thanks, Vidya

Dear Vidya,
    "teasingly diverse range" only the likes of you can come up with such words of praise. Thanks is not the word, Vidya.
    Thanks for making available the link to me due to which I was able to read the soft copy of my story and have it stored in my system.
    regards,
    sridhar

9. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Enjoyed!

Thanks Selvi......enjoyed reading the little story.

Good going Varalotti sir, touched a chord. We need more such stories at these troubled times.

Congrats!

L, Kamla

10. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

THank you selvi

Dear selvi and Varlotti,
    It is very sweet of you to take so much trouble to give the link. Thats what makesIL interesting. Varlotti, the story though simple has a powerful message. It is writers like you that bring integration betwwen religions in these days of communal trouble,
    Keep the flag flying high.
    Regards,
    Meenu