1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Sir, you did it again for the n th time!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by Chitvish, Oct 6, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear All,
    I woke up this morning to read in Ananda Vikatan that our I L Hero, none other than Varalotti, has scored honours with his "oru nimitak kathaikal".
    2 mini stories have been published.
    Sir, to be honest, the "10 paisa scheme" scores over the second. I am trying to get the same 10 paise scheme fixed for "arattaiying" with a young close friend of mine - now, I am getting anxious if her husband may comment, why she should waste her time chatting with a senior citizen ! Now, Sridhar, do you think, I should get the permission of her husband as well, so that he will not tease her??? - ha ha ha.
    For the next snippet, the beginning did put me off & I almost thought " Sridhar, you too????". Well, you gave a smart twist at the end !
    Now, I do hope you will give me a treat from the prize money, when we meet next. Our good old Murugan Idli kadai or classic lunch at good old Sri Ram Mess will suit me fine!! The bill must touch Rs.350 & not Rs.250 - well, you know why ! If you are an accountant, I am an accountant's wife!
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.
    Sridhar, my accountant husband says, it is 2 *250 + 2*50, right ?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006

2. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

Hats off Varalotti!

Dear Varalotti!

All your stories are highly imaginative and drags fans like us closer to you gaining immense respect! Starting with your haunted house I have been /am an ardant fan of yours! Whenever it comes to your snippets, my hands just start typing!!!! :).Starting from your Haunted house till your Poems, i havebeen following and reading with great enthusiam all your work!

Now its your Ananda Vikatan Story! The title is so catchy "Oru nimida kathaigal". This time i am really determined to buy the original version and read in Tamil.

My hearty congratulations Sir , and tonnes of Thanks to Mrs CV for bringng us to light your wonderful works!

Purni(Signing in Meenus id )

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations from me too:)

Dear Sridhar,

When the likes of Chitra and Meenu are praising you and your stories so much after reading today's A Vikatan, I, without a question, will join these ladies to wish you. We may not all be able to read them, but I trust the judgement of my friends. Besides, if it is your work, it will and must be good.
    I am happy that you are getting so much recognition. All the best to you.

L, Kamla

4. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Congrats! Will try to get hold of this book here.....and read the orginal version
    thanks Chitra for posting this info here....

5. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Big Thanks To All Of You!

Dear All,
    Thanks a million Chitra, for posting the story. Let me place it on record that you almost woke me up on Friday morning with the news. That was a pleasant way for me to start the day.
    And thanks Kamla, Purnima, Sudha for your kind words.
    I know it may be difficult for many of you to go get the Vikatan. So I am enclosing the scanned pdf version of this story here.
    Please read it and let me have your views.
    regards,
    Varalotti

Attached Files:

6. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,

Just finished reading the 1 Minute stories, Like Ms C, i too liked the first one better than the second. Way to go, and lets hope for more 1 Minute stories from you.

Vandhana

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you

Dear Sridhar,

It was so kind of you to scan and attach your 'Oru Nimida Kadhaigal' for our benefit. You deserve the prize money even more because of this kindness:)
    I loved both the kutti kadhaigal! How very true..'petha manam pithu'..right? If my calls get delayed, my mother calls me unfailingly just to ask about my welfare, never mind the cost.
    The second story was really cute. Our one track mind starts imagining the worse and surprise surprise:)
    Nice.

L, Kamla

8. Preethi

Preethi Gold IL'ite

That's Typical of Mr. Varalotti

Mr. Varalotti,

That was so nice of you to share soft copy of your story. I was actually thinking how to get vikatan here to read your story ! Before asking you for the online version, you have shared it with us.

Just finished reading your muthaana kathaigal !

The 10 paise scheme story was so nice and impressive. Parents unconditional love has been well potrayed in that half page story..unga mothal kathai - "Chumma nachu nu iruku" !

For the second one, at the beginning I expected some sort of misbehaviour from the ejamaan (thoughts from corrupted mind !!), but the story had a different ending...! that was good too...!

My Personal Favourite is "10 Paisa Scheme" Story !

Congrats for those two great stories, Mr. Varalotti, That was very typical of you. As usual you've produced an excellent work !

Regards,
    Preethi

9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Thanks for posting these 1 minute stories.....what do they mean by 1 minute...is that the time u took to write or the time we should be taking to read.....ha ha.....
    Anyway , enjoyable ones .....by the way whose number did the hero in the story store.....his parents or son ? After all family comes first, that too if they are far away .....right?
    The second story had a touch of KURUMBU, by making us think on a different line, which was what was intended i guess....good work, keep them coming!

10. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame