1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Seeks Leave Of Absence – For Two Months!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 30, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Yes, my dear Ilites. I seek your permission to go off IL for about two months to discharge a happy responsibility, the marriage of our only daughter, Sowb. Preethi.

The marriage is at Madurai on 11th and 12th February 2010. I and Indhu seek your wishes, blessings and prayers on behalf of those kids who are going to start a new life together.

As you know a lot of things need to be done before the marriage date. Writing blogs, and that too on God’s love, and that too for such discerning readers like you is not something which I can manage between chores.

As I want to deliver nothing but the best to you and as I am not sure I will have the quality time for that, I am seeking leave of absence till the end of February 2010.

Who knows this absence might teach me many things. I might come back to you with a new serial, a new series, or in the least, better blogs.

Wish you all a happy new year. All of you might have already planned your New Year bash.

Have a great time. But please do take care. As our great poet Valluvar said that the danger that comes from reckless happiness is more than what comes from even uncontrolled anger.

Of course it is impossible for me to completely stay off from IL. I will be coming here whenever I find time and will definitely respond to your fb either to this blog or to any of my earlier posts or blogs.

The Tamil Novel Vazha Ninaithal Vaazhalam has come out. The e-book is yet to be hosted on the site. I shall give you the links as soon as it is posted.

Just by reading the first few lines you can find out what is the base story for the novel and where it is posted in IL.

And as I take leave from you all, good Ladies, I am acting like a good teacher. Yes, you have some homework to do.

It’s a poem (if you permit me to call so. To say that it is a poem is a polite euphemism, says my writer-friend) that I have been writing for the past two, three weeks.

It’s a poem in which I am trying to distill the essence of what I have been writing about God.

You may not agree with the ideas in the poem. Pour your mind out. You may find the lines controversial. Tell me so. You may find my thinking absurd. Give a certificate to that effect.

I won’t mind even if you are going to say that I’m a lousy poet, which of course I am.

But when you have finished arguing just meditate on these lines. Do keep meditating till I come back to you.

Take Care and God Bless,

sridhar

2. varalotti

Throw me out, My Lord, if I come running to you only after being let down by every one I trusted!

Shun me, My Lord, if I seek you only after knowing that the worldly pleasures wont lost long!

Turn your face away from mine, My Love, if I seek refuge in you, when my sins gather around to torture me!

Roast me in the hottest of hell-fires if I pretend to love you but have my eyes trained on the heavenly pleasures you have on your other hand!

Kick me out of your way, my Lord, when I think that I have the right to receive your love because I have been thinking about you all the time!

Spit on my face, my Dearest, when I think that I am entitled to your Grace simply because I repeated your name a specified number of times.

Curse me, My Lord, that my pain should shoot up several times if I use your name as a pain-killer!

Make me suffer in loneliness when I seek your company in my old age, when I will be alone and friendless.

Hit me on my face, my Love, when I become mean enough to seek your love to win wordly things!

And hit me harder when I try to seek you by means other than you, not knowing that you are the end and you are the means!

You won’t do that my Lord, you wont throw me out or shun me away or spit on my face!

For aren’t you Love and Love, You?

No, you can’t let me down or roast me in hell-fires! Nor can you destroy me or turn your face away from me.

But grant me this, that I should love you because you are you!

Grant this My Lord, that when I am lost mid-way hold my hands!

And hold me in your hands

Make me know that you are the way and you are the destination.

And make me understand that there is no way I can be lost!

A Poem By Varalotti Rengasamy

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sridhar,

Congratulations on your daughter's marriage.

I would say amen to the prayer, you have written.

4. varalotti

Shanthi,
    thanks for your kind wishes.
    And my poem being accepted by the Poetess of the Site.. well.. you have made my day.
    sridhar

5. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

sridhar sir,

i haven't yet read your other blogs & threads. but this poem & the innovative leave letter will make sure that i will never ever miss any of your writings here after.

i wish your daughter a very happy married life. i wish the very best to you proud parents.

thannadakkaththai ulladakki uyarndhu, vetrihal pala petra varollti thamizhanukku, vaazhthukkal pala, pala....

thannadakkaththai thavanai murayiil vaanga muyarchikkum - natpudan

6. natpudan

natpudan Gold IL'ite

varalotti - thavaraana spellingirku mannikkavum (in the previous comment). editing should be enabled for blog comments as in the threads & posts.

7. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Sridhar,
    We will miss you , yet happy for you. Who knows you would have collected some more materials for the forthcoming threads in your blog.

My blessings for your daughter for her marriage, may this marriage be full of laughter and mirth with thoughts of divine always playing in the back ground.

Your poem is lovely, as you said the Divine will never leave us even when we move away from him, for HE is in you.

Jaya

8. Meenupanicker

Meenupanicker Senior IL'ite

HI Sridharji
    All blessings and prayers for ur daughter on their day of wedding.Actually I missed all ur last month blogs for I was on my vacation and was looking forward to your coming blogs.Waiting for ur wonderful return after that wonderful experience of leading daughter to new phase of life

with regards
    Meenu

9. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Dear Sridhar Sir and Indhu Mam

Thank you for the invite and my wishes and prayers for the upcoming happy event. Congratulations to Preethi!

I liked the poem. Usually Indhu Mam writes poem and now you have started too...Well good for us:coffee!

Enjoy the break!

10. varalotti

Dear Natpudan,
    thanks for the glowing tributes paid to my writings. Eagerly looking forward to your comments on my writings here in IL. It's in this blog space as well as in my forum Varalotti Rengasamys Short and Serial Stories.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Natpudan, for us as well as to the children.

thanks for the praise. I have a suggestion for you. Why don't you install a Unicode Driver and unicode fonts in your system so that you can write in Tamil script itself like
    தன்னடக்கத்தை உள்ளடக்கி உயர்ந்து வெற்றிகள் பல பெற்ற.etc.
    It's quite easy. There's even an how to thread in the IL FAQ forum.
    regards,
    varalotti