Varalotti Rengasamy's Second Serial Story...is coming up!

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Induslady, Mar 3, 2006.

1. nuggehallipankaja

nuggehallipankaja New IL'ite

Ugadi greetings

Dear Sridhar,
    Sorry, I have taken my own time to convey my feelings re. your third episode. Sridhar, you really have made insignificant Saturday glorious! What a
    striking climax this time!

I trust Yugadi will usher in more of this kind.
    Wishing you and your heroines (ofcourse heroes-poor fellows), an eventful Ugadi.

Nuggehalli Pankaja

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The Fifth Episode Is Out!

Most Gracious ILites,
    The 5th episode is out. As I am going out of office on a professional assignment tomorrow morning and will not be able to log on to the Net till late in the evening, I have posted it now itself. (IST 2145 Hours, 7th April, 2006)
    I had very specifically asked you in the curtain raiser,

With a baby you can’t take love for granted. You have to express it strongly and frequently. Do that by giving your comments. Indifference or a silent appreciation is something a baby can’t understand. As mothers you should know better.

You did it exceedingly well when the 4th episode was out. I especially loved the controversy, the heated discussion and then the acceptance. Everyone loves babies, everyone loves to play with them. But each has its way. Timid people like me will be afraid even to touch the baby lest it should cry. But some people simply lift the babies high, and even throw up in the air and play roughly with them.
    Their love is no less. It's just different. My 4th episode enjoyed being thrown up in the air. Because it knew for sure that some hands would receive it on the way down and it won't be allowed to fall on the floor.
    And the way you played with the 4th episode made me run to my desk again and write almost all the remaining episodes so that I will be ready to answer all your questions.
    Have a nice time reading.
    With Affectionate Regards,
    Your,
    Varalotti

3. varalotti

Feel Like A Student Awaiting Exam Results!

Dear ILites,
    Just posted the 6th episode. Have butterflies and dragonflies in my stomach. Feel like a student who has written a tough exam and anxiously awaiting the results from strict valuers.

Varalotti

4. varalotti

7th Episode is Just Out!

Most Gracious ILites,
    At last the hero and the heroine have met. Have started working together. Have confronted the villain, have opted to meet the lion in its den. Seventh Episode is just out. Read on.
    This time also I will be happily replying to every comment individually.
    Happy Reading,
    Varalotti

5. varalotti

8th Episode is out - my first act on my b'day

Most Gracious ILites,
    Just now posted the 8th episode. After finishing my coffee, newspaper and sudoku, the first act on my birthday was posting this episode.
    This birthday baby is now anxiously waiting for your kind views and kinder responses.
    love,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

Episode 9 Is Out - What Happened To Swetha?

Most Gracious ILites,
    As I am likely to be held up in meetings for the whole of Saturday I am posting the 9th Episode now.
    This time the Episode was edited and proof-read by a good friend of mine who did that as a labour of love. So if you find any refinement in expressions or improvement in style, please bless my friend.
    Eagerly waiting for your comments,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

The Battle Is Set Now; E10 Is Out!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Episode 10 has just been posted. The battle lines are drawn. And the scene is set. What's going to happen next?
    Let's keep our fingers crossed.
    As usual your Varalotti is waiting for your comments. Will I pass the test this time?
    regards,
    sridhar

8. varalotti

Penultimate Episode, 11, Out!

Most Gracious ILites,
    Just now posted the 11th episode. I can see many eyebrows of the most beautiful ILites going up in wonder. Why so early? As an accountant I believe in the law of compensation.
    I am going out of headquarters from tomorrow onwards and will be back to Madurai only on 28th. So I can post the next, the ultimate episode, 12, only on 28th or 29th. As the next episode is likely to be delayed by two days, it is but fair that this episode is advanced by an equal number of days. And so here is 11th episode, a little too hot, as it came out from the oven only minutes before.
    I need to crave your indulgence for another matter. Since I will be mostly off line between 20th and 28th of May, I may not be able to immediately reply to your views, queries and even angry comments.
    But please do not fail to write them for they are a writer's oxygen. I assure you that I will definitely reply every one of your posts, individually, when I come back. Ladies, one thing I can assure you. I may not be as handsome as my sherwani-clad hero; nor I am as brilliant as he, but surely I am as sincere. So you will get a reply. Individually. But give me time.
    The baby is in your hands awaiting your caresses and hugs.
    regards,
    Varalotti

9. varalotti

The Final Episode Is Out;I am free, now

Most Gracious ILites,
    At last I am free. The final episode has been posted a few seconds ago. I crave your indulgence for the delay in posting the final episode the reasons for which I had already explained.
    Though I replied individually to all the ILites who commented on the serial, I still feel that I could not adequately thank the ILites for their really overwhelming support for this serial, which was much more than what I got for the earlier serial.
    This is the time to thank each of the ILites who read the episodes meticulously, who pointed out the errors and excesses and who praised the right things and in general provided me with a vital tonic to write more and write better.
    This is also the time to apologise to those ILites whom I might have unconsciously hurt by my overly defensive, bordering-on-rudeness replies.
    Thanks for being with me throughout which is the greatest accolade you can ever hope to shower on a writer. You have done that to me. Thanks.
    Episodes 9 through 12 were edited by my dear friend.
    In the final episode there is a scene where Sethu says that what he did was a 'labour of love'. My editor friend asked me what this term meant. I explained when an act is done not with any ulterior motive it becomes labour of love. There is nothing romantic about it. When I work for a fee it is plain labour. But when my daughter wants me to buy something for her for which I should go to the other end of the town, then that is labour of love. In doing a labour of love there is no reward other than the happiness you see in the face of your son or daughter or your friend.
    My editor friend should have been convinced by my explanation. She let that phrase stay in the episode.
    Now what the friend did to me in editing these episodes can be rightly described as a labour of love. For there is no reward involved. And after hearing about this phrase my friend insisted that her name should not appear anywhere. I had to reluctantly concede to her demand.
    May Meena Madam (Madurai Meenakshi) bless my friend with all happiness she deserves.
    Thanks a million, my dear friend, for your labour of love.
    I will be now taking a break for a while before launching upon the next project. I won't be idle. I will be watching what every ILite is doing (thanks to "Who's on line") and if I feel like come out with snippets to provoke you.
    Till then, have a happy reading and have a nice time.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    PS: Of course I will be individually replying to all your comments on the final episode also.