1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Near Your Wardrobe!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Feb 21, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

The time is 8 30 AM. You are getting ready for another hard day at the office. You have a very important presentation to do. And that too before the CEO and the COO of the company.

Let’s assume that Varalotti is near your wardrobe when you are going to choose the dress for the day. (Don’t be frightened; it’s just a thought experiment).

You smile at me and ask me to select the dress for the day. I look deep into your wardrobe and come up with that bright blue ready-made chudidhar.

You remember having bought that disaster at a sale a few months ago.

“This is a little gawdy. The colour is too bright to be fashionable. It surely is not an office-wear. But won’t you look different from others?

“Different, my foot! Are you nuts? This is not some damn serial of yours. This is my life and my career. And if I go in this dress before my CEO, that’s the end of my career.”

And then you dig into your wardrobe to choose that elegant white chudidhar and the sky blue duppata. You don’t even take leave of me, let alone ask for my opinion on the dress. The presentation is a great success.

I salute your judgment. But my concern is that you don’t use it for something far more important than your dress.

Your mind is very much like your wardrobe. There are many more thoughts in your mind than there are dresses in your wardrobe. And believe me you can select your thought in the same way you select your dress.

You are not obliged to wear that gawdy dress; nor are you obliged to wear a hurtful thought.

In the same way you chose that elegant white chudidhar which gave you the proper mood for the presentation you can choose a happy thought which will give you the proper mood for life.

People around you will try to influence you in the selection of your thoughts, as Varalotti tried to influence your dress-selection. Your spouse, your children, your mother-in-law or even your maid will choose a negative thought for you.

Didn’t you reject Varalotti’s choice? Reject their choices at well. For wearing a bad thought is even more dangerous than wearing a gawdy dress.

Now let’s take it one step further. What are you going to do with that bright blue monster idling in your wardrobe? Whatever is not worth wearing is not worth keeping.

Throw it away. Well, you may not have the heart to do it now. Didn’t you pay Rs.985 for that stuff? But try doing it sometime or the other. Throw the negative thoughts away.

Soon your wardrobe will have only good dresses; and your mind, only positive thoughts.

Have a great week ahead.

============================
    I had decided to stop this week-beginning and week-end blogs. But many of you had opposed to that decision.

I have opted out a via-media course. I will write super-mini blogs, less than 500 words on Mondays and Fridays till such time I finish working on the next project.

sridhar

leenarajaryan and meril like this.

2. Sobhi

Sobhi Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar Uncle

What a beautiful article and hats off to the way you have put it across. A nice blog to read and start your day and the week motivated to be happy and at peace.

Too Good........ Have a great week ahead.

luv
    Shobha

3. Benice

Benice New IL'ite

Great write up sir!!!

Your blog was like an answer ...to many questions like . ( who knows.. as you write in many of your spirituality related write-ups.. the almighty might have come in your mind and made you write this .. for such poor souls as me..) why should my boss alone be nagging like this all the time.. why should my MIL alone.. not understand that I cant get leave just like that at office.. why is my DH like this.. not replying to my mail.. not calling me..

why..why.. this is not happening to my liking.. etc..

Yesterday was my anniversary and as if by some miracle my FIL had got the chance to see Go-pooja, Gaja-Pooja at Srirangam.. and wonder of wonders.. bring us the Prasad all the way from Srirangam to Chennai and give me...

Yesterday.. I had the chance to wear a new dress my mom had bought for me for Pongal and I could not get stitched for so many reasons..

My MIL today asked me what I liked to have.. when I wanted a particular type of Kuzhambu, she was happy to prepare it..

My driver coud now come inside my office campus and drop me as I could successfully get a driver's monthly pass for him which was eluding me for 2 weeks..

So many good things happening and I chose not to feel happy about all that and instead chose to weep over 2/3 unpleasant happenings.. how silly like choosing a miserable looking dress over a good-looking one. My day is made sir.

4. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Varalotti Sir,

Very simple yet effective..

Too good to resist reading..

Has a 'sugar-coated message'..and is "Varalotti"ish all the way!!!!

Great work Sir. :thumbsup

Saras

5. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Very thought provoking Sridharji. As easy as it sounds while reading, it is really hard to follow. I am still trying. Thanks a lot for your change of heart and sharing a wonderful blog Sir :)

6. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Dear Unce,
    This has come an an eye-opener for me. Thanks for taking the trouble to teach us.

Raji

7. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Dear sir

Enjoyed reading your blog !!!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

Sir..... It is really nice to see you here !!!!!!

8. Monsi

Monsi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sir,
    I throw(read as give) away my dresses which I detest without thinking how much I spent on them.. very successful in that ;-) .. but -ve thoughts ... yeah... this I need to try harder and succeed...
    Thanks for this "thought" provoking post.
    Regards,
    Monsi

9. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Most of your posts when I read i would think wow..what a thought and then another thought would follow, Is it possible for me to follow this??

For a starter I think this one sounds quite comfortable to follow(probably because women and wardrobe are very close:))

A really thought provoking post sir.

'parallel paranthamaan' apdeennu ungalukku pattamae kudukalam. etha paathaalum athil irunthu karuththu solreengalae eppadi sirr?
    eppadi????

simply superb..:thumbsup

10. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

What we are thinking that only we will try to implement it. As you have mentioned by chosing white colour
    churidhar our mind should be pure and calm.Excellent
    write up and made us to have a crystal clear thought,

HATS OFF Mr.Varalotti