Varalotti has crossed the magic number !

Discussion in 'IL'ite milestones' started by Chitvish, May 28, 2006.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar !

You are an asset to our IndusLadies Community.You have scored over more than thousand ladies, with your thousand posts!

For the past few months you have been delighting us mainly with your gripping serials .

The latest one “ the Beauty And The Brain “ has fascinated everybody with the right mix of action, thrill, planning suspense and subtle hints of love. In this serial you attempt to tell the inside story and in that process bring out the truths about a celebrity's life and lifestyle. You have enjoyably moulded Sethu's character with both the old and new. The software he uses is ultra modern but his tastes are conservative. You also bring in as many nuances and novelties as possible that the story line becomes more and more interesting every week. The freedom you give us in anaysing your story, threadbare, is unbelievable ! Not one, but everyone dons the role of Subbudu ! In spite of all comments, you are gracious enough to say that in our views you see more of affection than judgement. Sridhar, as you have rightly said we expect good stories from you and not “ goody, goody” stories.

We also enjoy your taking an active part in snippets and giving sane advice on family issues wherever needed, like an elder family member. In “ The anatomy of an Indian mariage” your statement that “successful marriage is not absence of conflicts but it is all about the art of living with them” is relevant in today’s context of life. In Malathi and her Mother-in-law thread, you spelt very clearly “ one basic lesson in life is that unconditional love is always a winning strategy. Iif you can love genuinely, even those who hurt you, the entire Universe and the forces of nature will conspire together to ensure that you will not be harmed.”

I best enjoyed your recent participation in the “ How to pray” thread in the Religious Forum. Your concluding words in the thread
    “ Loving Him is liberation and it is celebration.
    Come let us celebrate His Greatness and love.”
    are very enjoyable and apt as an ending.
    I do hope you make your presence felt in the Religious Forum more frequently ! I can only request you to visit there & definitely not visit our Ask Chitvish to send me feedbacks – your wife may come chasing me as to why I ever gave you such an idea at all ! Ofcourse the recent visit you made there was a “ potent one” – I literally made up a new recipe ( Grape Pickle ) on your request, which has become a great hit with I L ites !

Your contributions are enormous in value when we note that you are a full time professional and I L is your enjoyable pastime. It is my special privilege and pleasure to applaud you more because we share our native place, Madurai Dear Madurai. I am very proud that we both have put our city in the top place in the I L world map.

Pray our Goddess Meenakshi showers her blessings on you and your family for good health, happiness, peace and prosperity.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

Last edited: May 28, 2006

2. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

aayirathil oruvan

Dear Sridhar,

Just finished reading The Beauty and the Brain-E12. It was perfect. The whole story is smooth like melted chocolate. You are a master story teller and a great role model for wannabe writers. May Meena Madam bless you too.

Congrats on crossing 1000 posts. You have now joined the august company of Mrs CV. And your presence in IL is as needed and soothing as hers.

So, regardless of whether we call you ayirathil oruvan or Madurai Veeran, regardless of whether we laud you on your writings or gorge you for E4, be sure of one thing. Your visa into IL is highly approved and welcome and we hope more will flow from your pen, by the Grace of God.

warm regards
    Vidya

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I am Moved, Chitra!

Dear Chitra,
    I am moved by your post. While great posters like you cross thousands just by a swish of your hand, it has taken almost a year for me to reach that milestone. I am happy and proud to share the 1000-club membership with none other than the great Chitvish.
    But for the support of our gracious ILites I could not have done this. For like children, we writers, respond and write more, only when there is some reaction - either positive or negative to what we do. In that way I am blessed, for every post of mine had brought such tremendous responses.
    The mother-in-law thread brought out the tragedies hidden deep inside the hearts of our ILites and made the thread the most touching one.
    Of late I find even the Beauty and the Brain (and not beauty and the beast; Chitra, your husband, your son and your son-in-law and your friend (i.e. yours truly) are all accountants. then why do you call us the 'beast'. Well, it's because of that, right? ha ha ha, just kidding) ILites pour out their woes, their thoughts and their aspirations. Honestly I cant even think of replying them, though I scribble something just for the format.
    Chitra, while I thank you for doing the job of an accountant (accountant came from counting) in carefully counting and monitoring the posts and launching this post at the right time, I also thank the 1000 plus ILites who made it possible.
    Thanks for every thing.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Thanks For the Approval, Visa Officer!

Dear Vidya,
    I struggled with the last two episodes for a long time. There were days where I woke up in the middle of the night and inserted a line here and another there. Then I had to rewrite Swetha's and Sethu's dialogues several times. Now hearing the words of approval from you, suddenly everything seems worth the while.

More than crossing the 1000 posts milestone I am honoured by my Visa approval by the Visa Officer, Vidya24. I am happy and proud about it.

Now E4 is not just an episode. It's a lesson in writing for me. I have learnt the lesson well, as I have always been a good student. The effect of my learning through E4 will be reflected in my future writings.

I am also happy to learn through you that my presence is as needed and as soothing as that of the one and only Mrs.CV. You could not have expressed that any better.
    Thanks again, Vidya.
    regards,
    sridhar

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thankyou, Sridhar !

You corrected me in your inimitable style !
    This only shows that I have to go a l...o....n...g way even in an elementary thing like posting correctly !
    Thankyou, my dear friend !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

from visa officer- Vidya24

Dear Sridhar,

Thanks for your reply.

And you are most welcome- your entry into IL being approved by no less a person, as you have refered to me as 'Vidya24'. Talking of visa officers, a rude, crude pic comes to mind. Of the lady officer in the US consulate in Chennai, who almost threw my visa application out, of the suave visa officer in the Nigerian consulate who took my bribe and granted me visa. And of Lankini, who stopped Hanumar at the gates of Lanka and challenged him with non-entry till He had to kill her. So, finally I am included in that boorish group. Thanks, Sridhar, you are a true chum.

I am happy to see you referring to me technically as Vidya24. I was recently advised not to sign my posts as 'VR' since some ILites confused it to be Varalotti Rengasamy. I am consciously changing my signature now cos of that. Though I do wonder how this silly confusion could have arisen.

Anyway, as long as my signature is mistaken for yours and not vice versa, it is to my benefit.

Ciao
    Vidya

7. varalotti

Comparison Not Apt!

Dear Vidya,
    When I called you Visa Officer I wanted you to call by an official sounding name hence used your ID in full.
    About the comparison with the Nigerian, the Chinese and the Lankini, Madam, I beg to differ from you. It was not that trait that was compared or discussed.
    I just wanted to say that you are a very discerning officer and to win your approval is no easy achievement. That way I patted myself on my back when I said that my visa is approved by you.
    I'll tell you why ILites object to your signing as VR. After your role model posts, your article on mothers day and the various discussions you have participated right from E4 to religious threads, people have known you, have started loving you as Vidya. So when you suddenly signed as VR they were confused.
    You know Vidya the whole Tamilnadu has fallen in love with the super star. They have fallen in love with the name, Rajni.
    Suppose Rajni were to sign his name as RK, then his fans would simply pounce upon him. That's what happened when you started signing as VR.
    As far as I am concerned I will be happy to be confused or mistaken for a great writer like you.
    regards,
    sridhar

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

sridhar its been a classic climax though not expected...

dear sridhar,
    i must admit i started looking for ur threads only when chitra and vidya and others started praising so much....but i must say u have given a climax unexpected but getting to know it seems inevitable u might come up with something like this...the same curiosity landed me in trouble too..wanted to meet u in bangalore but bhagavan varam koduthalum poosari kodukkanumey....my daughters i must say were not very much for this dont know y somewhere i read a mother missed out with PM any way hope to catch u some time in my life...a personality so sensitive to woman's feeling and tugging them with nice write ups.....regards..sunkan

9. varalotti

Thanks Sundari

Dear Sundari,
    We were also a little disappointed to know that you were not coming for the meeting. The meeting went on very well. I was afraid that my wife and daughter might find the meeting boring as they are not into writing and all the rest are writers. But they were taken care of so well by Ambika, Sharada, Pankaja and Sudha, that they felt perfectly at home.
    Very rarely a husband gets a good certificate from his wife for his friends and that too women friends. My wife (and my daughter too) appreciated me for such good friends. Had you also come I would have shown you off as my friend.
    But that's okay. There's always a next time. Some things happen only when the time is ripe enough for them.
    And thanks for what you have to say about the B&B climax. I struggled hard with it and now I am happy to see that you like it.
    regards,
    sridhar

10. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

Good work Sridhar...on crossing 1000 posts and the FINAL episode!

keep up ur postings.......let them cross more milestones.

And Chitra, that was sweet of you to congratulate Sridhar and bring this to our notice...after all one maduaraikaarar to another..ha ha!

Well Congrats Vidhya, so now you have become a visa officer is it...well have to be careful in our postings to get the visa stamp, after all dont we all tremble in front of them....:rolleyes: