1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti Goes On A Blind Date!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Mar 24, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

I got to know her in that popular dating site. She seemed to be quite an interesting person. Soft,caring, loving and very skilfull with her words. I fell for her.

I sent her a message,’Can we meet sometime?’ There was a resounding yes from her. We fixed the rendezvous.

The Café in the Landmark Book Shop in Spencer Plaza.

With just four days to go I was restless. I could not focus on my work, my writing or any of my activities.

How old will she be? Theoritically anywhere between 18 and 55, my preferred age-range in that dating site.

Psychologists say that going on a blind date is the most stressful social activity. Should be only doubly so for a fifty something accountant and writer.

Will she be tall or short? Will she be a stunning beauty or a plain looking woman, average height, average looks and all? Will she be very old?

Or too young to be part of a matured conversation or a hassle-free relationship?

Will she be fair, dark or somewhere in between? Will she be hideous, too fat, with a permanent frown on her face and an eternal irritation in her voice?

Can I shake hands with her? Can I hold her hands while talking to her? Or will she want more?

There is only one way I can be completely stress-free if and only if my blind date is exactly what I want her to be.

As tall as Anushka and as slim as Thamanna, as dashing as Tapsee, with eyes as blue and captivating as those of Aishwarya Rai, with a figure which will make Mallika Sherawat sigh in envy, as friendly as Sneha, as smiling as Kushboo and on the top of it a good conversationalist with a fine sense of humour.

And she should be prepared exactly for that degree of intimacy which I have in mind.

Varalotti, are you nuts? I know something like this would happen. People who talk too much about God always end up like this. So we have one more Nithyananda here.”

Wait!

This kind of fantasy will become a reality when the person you are dating with is God Himself.

Two lovers have been on a blind date with God. And they have talked about their dates, or rather their inability to talk about Him.

One says

He takes whatever form you like to see him in. He’ll be your child, beloved, your lapdog or whatever. As to His Name, well, it’s whatever you give him. Call him God, his beautiful lips will widen in smile. And give him a derogatory name, his smile will only be bigger.

Call him your friend, he will melt for you. And call him your enemy he will only melt more. Nothing melts him like your ignorance. Nothing amuses him like your arrogance. In whatever way you choose to think you end up thinking only of Him.”

The person here is Poikai Azhwar.
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]
    [/FONT][FONT=TSCu_Comic]தமர் உகந்தது எவ்வுருவம் அவ்வுருவம் தானே[/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]தமர் உகந்தது எப்பேர் அப்பேர்- தமருகந்தது[/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]எவ்வண்ணம் சிந்தித்து இமையாதிருப்பரே[/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]அவ்வண்ணம் ஆழியானாம்[/FONT]

To the other man, Nammazhwar, God simply defies all description.

‘Are you the great void that defies all heights, breadths and lengths? Or are you the great flowery light, that’s even greater than the void? Or the illuminating wisdom of happiness that’s greater than that flowery light? And you surrounded me annihilating my desires which are even greater than those three.

[FONT=TSCu_Comic]சூழ்ந்து அகன்று ஆழ்ந்து உயர்ந்த முடிவில் பெரும் பாழேயோ[/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]சூழ்ந்து, அதனில் பெரிய பரநல் மலர்ச் சோதீயோ[/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]சூழ்ந்து அதனில் பெரிய சுடர் ஞான இன்பமேயோ![/FONT]
    [FONT=TSCu_Comic]சூழ்ந்து அதனில் பெரிய என் அவா அறச் சூழ்ந்தாயே![/FONT]

And to date Him you don’t even need an Internet connection, let alone a dating site.

And He is available 24 X 7. And will probably be the only person in the whole world with the possible exception of your mother who will accept you as you are.

This weekend, why don’t you go on a date with Him?

2. imemyself

imemyself Senior IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    A good post to start the day! When I started reading...I was taken aback! Sridhar...going on a date???? ;-)

Well, after reading it , I realised...well, I have this date everyday!! :)

The words translated were so beautiful in English that I wanted to hear it in Tamil as well. I called one of my colleague here and asked her to read it for me!

Wow...what beautiful lines!! and ofcourse, she thanked me as it made her day too! :)

Regards,
    Jaya

3. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Dear Sir,

Initially was confused..Varalotti sir on a Date....

Finaly you beautifully brought out it'a a Date with God:bowdown
    Sir, till date I have been doing only that and now I feel I'm not alone in this:bowdown

"And He is available 24 X 7. And will probably be the only person in the whole world with the possible exception of your mother who will accept you as you are."
    -How simple yet effective words there.

HAPPY DATING SIR.

:cheers
    Saras

4. nityakalyani

nityakalyani Gold IL'ite

Sir,
    dating with GOD - is very true. It is only with GOD that we can pour all our diffiuclties/whores/troubles and struggles. You are directly conversing with the suprem - no midiators and no interceptions.
    There has been Mira bai, Tukaram, Purandaradasa, Vallabcharya and many more. Our religion has so many examples. Radha -krishna dating is very spiritual.

Finally realised that Varalotti - decided to have a weekend date with the Lord Narayana.Since not familiar with tamil language the trasalation I enjoyed.

Nice write up.

5. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sir,

Sorry if i sound rude, but it was predictable. I think we all know you too well to fall for that title:crazy.

I knew from the begining that it was going to be HIM/HER. But still the way you did it with your beautiful style... chancesay illa!!:thumbsup

i can always count on you to make my day, take me a step closer to HIM and make my heart full of love for HIM!!

Loved the lines "the only person in the whole world with the possible exception of your mother who will accept you as you are."

Akila

6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Sir, you would make a wonderful teacher. I always admire your way of attracting the readers with the title, and make them all ears during the first few paras, and when they are ready to get in the message, you reveal the concept. And finally when we finish reading, we would be doing one of the following:

1. Staring at the monitor thinking the meaning in the words.

2. How easily the heavy message is conveyed.

3. Go back and read the blog again.

Another good example was "hands on aishwarya rai's shoulder" blog... :)

The description from both azhwars are beautiful. How I wish I am good in vocabulary now, to bring out many possible words to describe this other than just 'beautiful'.

Thanks for providing such nice blog Sir

ILT.

7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

sir, i read the blog with great interest. unfortunately, though, my illiteracy in the tamil language has rendered me incapable of reading those few lines. and i do not have anyone around to read it out for me. my loss.

anyway, i enjoyed the parts that were in english thoroughly. thanks so much sir.

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Sure I am ready to go on a date with Him, Sridhar!
    Will He be ready for that..so many devotees are waiting for Him.

Very very beautifully explained the expectations of how He would be and how He will react, etc..through the words of Poigaiazhwar and Nammazhwar, reminding me of my desire to read Naalayira Dhivya Prapandham, at least once in my life time.

Sriniketan

9. smiley2009

smiley2009 New IL'ite

:) :) I knew it... I knew it.. I knew it.. from the title of the post itself that our dear Sridhar Sir is talking about Meena Madam (apologies - Madurai Meenakshi Amman), the most beautiful one.

"And He is available 24 X 7. And will probably be the only person in the whole world with the possible exception of your mother who will accept you as you are" This is toooo good Sir, simply loved it..

Thank you soooo muchhh for such a wonderful realization :) (for showing me the mirror)

Best wishes
    Smiley

10. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

intha vaaramum asathal sir!

Nammaazhwaarin varikal...muththaaippu!