1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Varalotti’s Grand Book Release Function! He Seeks Your Blessings!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Dec 30, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Has Varalotti gone nuts or what?”

“What makes you say that?”

“Last week he wrote a blog telling us of the melting moments in his life. He had written that after knowing about the great poet Bharathi he had cancelled the book release function. And now this blog is titled Varalott’s Grand Release Function.. Poor soul, stress has taken a great toll on him.”

“Oh, I know what happened. I was in Chennai yesterday. Had a talk with Varalotti’s mother and sister.”

“Really? Was it raining?”

“Yes. Heavily.”

“Ok, tell me about the “grand book release function”

“You should first know that grandeur does not depend on the size of the venue, the number of people who attend a function or the number of items in the menu.”

“Then?”

“It depends on the love that’s brought forth to the table. That way Varalotti really had a grand book release function.”

“Oh”

“His mother is currently staying with his sister. His sister casually asked him when could she get his new books. And Varalotti had a flash.”

“I only hope he getst that flash while writing. Ok, what flash?”

“He requested his sister to take his mother to the office of Kavitha Publications on 29th December where the books are now available.”

“You mean their main office at #8, Masilamani Street, T Nagar, Chennai 600 017. If I remember right their phone number is 044-24364243.”

“Right. Listen. He requested his sister to buy the very first book for his mother. He also spoke to the publishers who were delighted about the arrangements. But unfortunately there were heavy rains in the morning.”

“So they did not go?”

“No, they did go. Varalotti’s mother was insistent.So they went to the publishers at about 10 30 in the morning where the grand book release function took place.”

“Oh, there was a function?”

“When will you grow up? The publisher gave the first copies of the books to his mother. And that was the function; that was the celebration.”

“What books? I heard only one book is coming out?”

“No, two. One is Anandham Inru Arambham, a collection of spiritual stories. I heard Varalotti’s wife saying that all stories will make you cry in unbearable love towards God and His devotees.”

“The other one?”

“That’s a collection of his novellas, the ones that appeared in popular monthly novel magazines. It’s called Pon Mahal Vandhaal. This book also contains a novel which was made into in a TV serial back in 2009.”
    “Oh”

“Apart from these two books, two of his translation works are coming out. The Path of Love and The Hammer On the Rock. Osho’s books. Of this one has come out now. And the other will come out next month.”

“That’s nice to hear. Then what happened?”

“The womenfolk, I mean Varalotti’s mother and sister spent some time with the publisher talking about his books. Meanwhile it was pouring outside.

"The publisher was apologetic that he could not offer them anything as nobody could venture out in the rain. To which his sister replied, “Sir, you have already offered us the best. My brother’s books.” The publisher was pleased. She then took out a pocket from her hand bag. It was a box of sweets. “Let me have the pleasure of offering something to you and Marimuthu.” They were quite happy.”

“Varalotti should have cleverly orchestrated this promotion campaign.”

“Why are you so uncharitable towards him? Well, I am not saying that he is above board. But in this instance he wanted his mother to have his first book. He also wanted his mother and sister to meet the publisher and Marimuthu, his editor at the publishers.”

“These two guys were characters in his novel A Love Story, right?”

“Yes, they were. Do you know that his editor Marimuthu has read more than 12000 books in his career, many of them two, three times.”

“Oh.”

“His publisher Sethu Chokkalingam has published books of some of the all time greats in the world of Tamil Literature. Jeyakanthan, Ashokamitran, Prapanjan, Sa. Kandasamy, Sirpi Balasubramanian…”

“And he also publishes the work of mediocre writers like Varalotti?”

“Yes, he does. Perhaps somewhere sometime one has to do the balancing act..”

“Ok, can I have a glimpse of the covers of the two books released yesterday?”

“Sure here they are. The blurb on the back cover gives an idea of what’s there in the book.”

“But a blurb is just a promotional material, right?”

“Go buy his books. Read them. And then you can tear him to pieces. Not now, when you have not even seen the covers properly.”

“I am going to do that now.”

“Call Kavitha Publications. Do you have their number?
    044-24364243 Check the availability of books before going there.”

“Will do that. A very happy new year to you.”
    “Same to you. Varalotti seeks the blessings of his friends in IL and also wishes them a very happy, prosperous and a fulfilling New Year 2012.”

2. raji2678

raji2678 Gold IL'ite

Congrats uncle! The covers look really nice. I am sure that the material inside must be even nicer! One request - can you please make the books available off the shelf in other places, like Mumbai?

Raji

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Congratulations Sridhar. The cover looks really nice and the blurbs were quite good. And a very happy new year to you and your close ones too.

Besides, I thought of seeing you at least from a distance, in this book fair. Seems that I need to be satisfied seeing your photo in the back cover of the book. :)
    Fine. Wishing myself better luck sometime. -rgs

4. Savvyheal

Savvyheal Gold IL'ite

Congrats Sir!
    Will go and get the books.

Love Thanks Divine,
    Savvyheal

5. ShailRaghuvansh

ShailRaghuvansh Silver IL'ite

All the very best Sridhar. Wishing you God's choicest blessings.

6. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sridhat Sir,
    Many many congratulations! very happy to know about your book releases.. :)

The sad part is I cannot read Tamil :-(

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Congrats Sidhar Sir! :thumbsup Indeed, it must have been a grand book release function for your lovely mother and sister. Nothing would have made them happier than to receive the first copy of your books from the hands of your publisher and editor, the two lovely people who stood by your work all these years. It's so heartwarming to read your description of the function.

If and when I come to India, I will definitely make sure that I buy your lovely books to be brought back here in Malaysia. May God bless you Sir :)

8. InnerBliss

InnerBliss Gold IL'ite

Loved the way you celebrated the grand release.

Good Luck to you on your precious moments and special occasion! May the year 2012 bring you overwhelming proudful moments :)

Best wishes,
    Anuradha

9. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty congrats sir !!!!!!!!!!!! Wish you all the very Best !!!!!!!!!

10. mssunitha2001

mssunitha2001 IL Hall of Fame