Varahi Amman

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by jskls, Nov 10, 2015.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Recently I had a dream/vision ( can't distinguish) of Varahi Amman. I haven't heard or seen her before. Since I saw a blue/ gray colored goddess with a different nose I found from web that it was Varahi. I tell Lalitha Sahasranama on and off but haven't done any pooja. Is there any significance for this dream ?

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. vaidehi71

vaidehi71 IL Hall of Fame

I am not sure, but I think Varahi they do pooja on Ashtami...Just find out by googling.
    Good that any God comes in dreams. Don't need to worry about it. I do have a picture of Varahi at my home. Telling Lalitha Sahasranamam is enough with peaceful thoughts. I too did, will probably recommence hopefully by Goddess grace next month. Nothing to worry or link with it.
    I am not sure what answer you expected, I just wrote what I thought fit.

1 person likes this.
  3. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @vaidehi71. Your suggestion is helpful. Will look for specific ashtami related pooja. didn't expect any specific answer. Thanks for taking time to reply.

4. vaidehi71

I will reply in detail after finding the answer.
    My mother knows about the Amman, she sent me the picture.

1 person likes this.
  5. vaidehi71

@jskls
    Hi,
    Just below is the answer I got while googling. Hope it helps you...
    I like your spiritual attitude..
    Take care..
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD][​IMG]

Varahi has the face of a boar (pig), her eyes are sharp and her power is said to be in her nose ; her breath can do it all. In Srividya upasana, Varahi is considered to be the Shakti who can take the Bhaktha closer to Sri Lalitha. Whoever chants her name three times is relieved of any problems. She is considered to be the 5th among the Saptha Mathas - Brahmi, Maheshwari, Kaumari, Vaishnavi, Varahi, Indrani, Chamundi. Varahi possesses an abundance of Dhairyam, Veeryam, Vijayam. She is very quick to act to the cries of her bhakthas.
    Varahi is the goddess of the Earth. It is proven from the lives of several Varahi devotees that those who believe and surrender to her are sure to be blessed with a house or land of their own. She is the "Bhoomi Devi".. One of the lines from Varahi Panchakam reads "Veedu Koduppaval, Vendum Varam Tharum Brihath Varahi Avale". Even though she looks fierce, she is very soft hearted and cannot see tears in the eyes of her devotees. Anyone who takes her name three times and cries sincerely to Varahi Amman will never go empty handed. Varahi is the Maha Senathipathi for Lalithambigai. She is a warrior. Those who lack confidence can recite Varahi's name everyday and will find themselves a changed person soon.
    During Krithayuga, an asuran by the name of Hiranyaakshan took control of the Earth and hid it under the oceans. As a result Brahma was unable to continue his task of creation on Earth. Restless and clueless on where to find the earth and how to continue his duties, he approached Mahavishnu to seek help. Mahavishnu incarnated himself in the form of a boar (Varaham), killed Hiranyaakshan and lifted the earth out of the oceans with his tusks. It is believed that the Shakthi associated with Varahaswamy is Varahi.
    Many consider her a ferocious goddess and even fear to keep a photo of hers in the house. Since she bears the face of a pig and holds a "Dandam" Cane and "Ulakkai" in her hand, people think she is a DushtaDeivam or DushtaShakti. In fact, there is no other goddess who is as kind-hearted as Varahi. In her pooja, we address her as "Karunaiye Uruvaanavale Varahi". She is also considered as Goddess Mahalakshmi since she is Vishu Shakti. In our family, we have given the name PIG a different version.. Yes.. Varahi is a PIG.. Pretty Indian Goddess or Pretty Indian Girl.
    It is believed that Snakes, other poisonous creatures or any dushtasakthi cannot get into the vicinity of those who pray to Varahi or have attained Siddhi from Sri Varahi pooja. Those who are sharp tongued and hurt others with their words will be tamed by Varahi. She is also called "Vaaku Sthambini". Out of personal experiences, I feel blessed by Varahi, am forever grateful to her and will pray to always remain at her feet and get her unconditional love. We consider her, our mother.
    For those interested, I am giving below simple Mantras for chanting. They are simple and hold no restrictions of time and place. There is nothing to fear. The only requirement is pure bhakti and sincerity.
    Lahu Varahi Japa Mantram
    Om Shreem Hreem Kleem Varahyai Mama Vaakme Praveshaya Vaaku Palithaya
    Mama Matha Varahi Mama Daridhriyam Nashaya Nashaya Hoom Bhat
    Om Shatru Samkari Sankataharani Mama Mathre Hreem Dhoom Vam Sarvarishtam Nivaraya Nivaraya Hoom Bhat
    Om Kleem Varahi Hreem Siddhi Swaroopini Shreem DhanaVashankari Dhanam Varshaya Varshaya Swaha
    Om Shreem Panchami Sarvasiddhi Mata Mama Grihamme Dhanam Dhanyam Samrutthim Dehi Dehi Namaha
    Om Hreem Bayankari Athibayankari Ascharya Bayankari Sarva Jana Bayankari Sarva Bhootha Pretha Pishaasha Bayankari Sarva Bayam Nivaraya Shantir Pavathume Sadha
    Sarva Bhootha Pretha Pishaasha Bayankari Sarva Bayam Nivaraya Shantir Padume Sada
    Most Suited Date, Time and Items for Varahi Pooja
    Varahi is often called Aashada (Adi) Navarathri Poojai Nayaki.
    Time :
    The best time to do pooja for Varahi is Night. Midnight prayers is most suited for immediate solutions.
    Days :
    Navarathri, Ashtami, Panchami are Varahi's days. Tuesdays and Fridays are best suited for her pooja.
    Items :
    Morning Pooja - Chandanam (Sandalwood)
    Evening Pooja - Kumkumam (Deep Red)
    Night Pooja : Kurudhi (Red Kumkumam mixed in
    water), Kumkumam
    Varahi's most preferred Neivedhyam
    1. Chakkarai Pongal - made with Jaggery (Vellam)
    2. Payasam - made using Jaggery and Wheat/Rice)
    3. Pepper-Jeera Dosai
    4. Whole Ulundhu Vadai
    5. Ulundhu, Kadalai Paruppu, Thuvaram Paruppu, Mochai Paruppu mixed Aamai Vadai (Vadai without the hole in the centre)
    6. Buffalo milk mixed with Sugar, Saffron, Cardamom, Cloves, Edible Camphor
    7. Curd from Buffalo Milk
    8. Curd Rice
    9. Sesame Balls (Ellu Urundai)
    10. Ksheer Annam (Milk rice)
    11. Mochai Sundal
    12. Sweet Potato
    13. Maravelli Kizhangu
    14. Honey
    15. Madhupaakam (Honey, Fruits, Ghee, Sugar, Dry fruits mixed)
    16. Pomegranate
    17. Ulutham Ladoo
    Varahi's most preferred colours (saree)
    1. Gold or Yellow
    2. Red
    Varahi's most preferred flowers
    1. Pink Lotus
    2. White Lotus
    3. Blue Alli poo
    4. Blue Sangu poo
    5. Chembaruthi poo
    6. Thetti poo
    7. Pomegranate Flowers
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

Lakshmi6197, Suja9, dnormx01 and 3 others like this.
  6. vaidehi71

That is just copy and paste post I gave before.
    I thank you, I am learning about Varahi Amman.

1 person likes this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @vaidehi71. Wow thankyou for taking time to share this. I too read about this. I am wondering what to do next. Maybe start with the sloka you had mentioned in your reply. Yes it is interesting to learn about all the mythological goddess. I usually go guided by my dreams. But it's the first time I am seeing a Goddess.

1 person likes this.
  8. Kamakhyamrutha

Kamakhyamrutha Silver IL'ite

Dear Jskls,

Varahi dandanayaka of Lalitha MahaRagni, she destroys bad and protects the good, she stays in Agya chakra, rules the time.

Varaha Kalpa - Sveta varaha kalpey - Varaha is a unit of time (large unit of time)

Varahi is power of time resides in agya, rules the time

Benefits of Varahi :
    ----------------------

1. Good health
    2. Bestows Wealth and Prosperity
    3. Protection from enemies - internal and external
    4. Will learn how to live in Presentance
    5. Good Vaak Siddhi
    6. Peace of mind
    7. Graha dosha and fears will be removed
    8. Removes vices
    9. Gives wisdom
    10. Protects from lack of success and consistent losses in education and career, recurrent loss of job
    11. Protects from strained married life, undesired life partner, unsuccessful love life

Varahi is one of the deity in Srividya. When we learn Srividya she comes in 3rd step.

Love,
    Kamakhyamrutha.

dnormx01 and jskls like this.
  9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Madam for sharing a wealth of information.

10. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame