Valentine's Day Contest - Let's Paint the Town Red!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Sushi,

What a wonderful experience you had shared ... Kudos to you!!
    Love the card you had shared :)

Yes, it got posted as a separate new thread, but I have now moved it into this thread here:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/c...tines-day-contest-lets-paint.html#post3496082

Please use "Post Reply" option in future when you are replying to an existing thread/discussion.

2. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@rkgurbani, it would be great if you can share the picture of your handmade Valentine's day card here in this thread :)

3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hello Dearies...

My apologies for the delay..glad that I got an opportunity to post our Valentines celebration pics.

The day was fine only with DH not too well. As always, I did make a personalized card and tried my hand at a quilled flower vase and satin roses. The greeting card is an accordion type made by paper folds...my first try!!! It was such a pleasure again as always...to see him smile when he saw the card.
    I ended up making a chocolate cake. @SunNaa ....many many thanks for your tips!!!

Its still the month of love dears...so here are my Valentines wishes to all of you.

Attached Files:

9 people like this.
  4. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

Aww i'm so glad to read this...so wonderful that your DS helped you in baking Laks! :) Glad the cake turned out well! Can you ever go wrong with chocolate? :D

1 person likes this.
  5. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

@rkgurbani the card and the cake looks wonderful! :) M glad I could be of some help!

@Induslady I love the fruit idea, so creative!

6. SunNaa

SunNaa Platinum IL'ite

I'm happy to read all wonderful posts, glad you all had a wonderful Valentine!

I had a great Valentines day too, a night before V-day I prepared the dough for cinnamon rolls, filled then and placed them in the refrigerator so that we could eat warm cinnamon rolls for our special breakfast. They turned out wonderful, overnight cinnamon rolls are the best and I slathered them with some orange cream cheese frosting! Yum!

Cinna-IL.jpg

DH gifted me a card, rose, chocolate and more baking stuff. I mean it's difficult to find baking stuff for me because I have like everything still he managed to find something! Obviously I loved it :) And I gave him homemade fortune cookies..I already posted this in another thread..Each cookie had a message in it and he was very excited to receive this gift!

fortune-2-1.jpg

In the night, we got from food from outside and watched the India-Pakistan World Cup match which went on till like 4 am! The match was wonderful and we had lot of fun watching it! All in all it was a fun day :)

2 people like this.
  7. HasteRaho

HasteRaho Platinum IL'ite

:shock: Can I just say that you always make my mouth water. I MEAN THE FOOD YOU POSTED! THE FOOD! Not only does it look delicious, but the way you present it and the quality of the photographs are always so mouthgasmically inviting.

2 people like this.
  8. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

VijiMaa....there is so much love and simplicity in your card and the wordings...so right. May God bless you both with many many years of togetherness and love.

IndusLady....lovely fruit idea!

Manali....fortune cookies...Wow! That's a unique gift. Looks so yummy and of course, the thrill of opening each one.

9. sreekutty

sreekutty Gold IL'ite

Hello IL friends...

Belated Happy valentine's day !!!!!!!

Sorry for being late..I was too much busy that couldn't monitor my mails...
    - My marriage was in the year 1993 and since then i haven't seen my husband in a romantic mood neither he believes in these days.. But I was always enthusiastic to do something different every year. As each year went by, my excitements doubled but his views never changed. But it didnt make my feel or hurt as I do believe that all persons are not same neither their habits or thinking...

Now after many years my kids grew up. My daughter Sneha is in 12th and my Son Shanu is in 8th and my kids are now my Valentines...Everybody have only one valentine but I have TWO...Ha ha ...Since last three years i surprise them with new things like decorating the entire house with RED baloons, making their favourite foods and presenting them when they are back from their schools. This year they already had in their mind that they will get something when they return back from their school. So I didnt decorated the house this year instead I kept a note on the table telling them to proceed to my friends;s house whose staying alone...They did as I told them..At my friends house, when they entered the house it was full of red baloons and I gifted my daughter with a pink watch and my son was crazy for sports car so a remote controlled toy car for him with a card...They were so much happy than last year and was screaming with excitement when they called me at my office. Photos attaching...

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  10. sreekutty

sreekutty Gold IL'ite

such a beautiful & tempting cake RKG...Lovely !!!!!

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.