Valentine's Day Contest - Let's Paint the Town Red!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by IL_Admin, Feb 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

vday.jpg

Agreed that love cannot and shouldn't be made exclusive for just a single day. It is the little things you do that sum up to express your love for the other person. It is a work in progress and everyday counts. And Valentine's day is no exception. Let's make it count.

Who can ignore the festivity in the air - The Heart Shaped balloons, beautiful roses and loads of chocolates. Even if you don't give into the marketing gimmicks, you can definitely make the day special for your Valentine in your own way. And we would like to hear about your special day.

-> Are you the DIY Romantic kind? Are you planning to make a memorable, Handmade Gift, Card or any Creative Art for that special person?

-> Are you thinking about a whole special day, completing it with Candle-light dinner and a Romantic Movie or have you planned any other surprises?

-> Food can make everything complete. Have you thought about surprising your Valentine with a special Food spread?

Whatever you have decided, we would like to hear about it. Share it with us about how you celebrated. It would be great if you could share pictures of your handmade gift, or special food spread, or whatever that shows your celebration. As nothing speaks better than pictures.

This contest to share your Valentine's Day Celebration starts now and the winner will be announced on 17th Feb, 2015.

We will pick one post that expresses the celebration at its best and send across a gift. Looking forward to your entries.

1 person likes this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Nice contest. You know I always like to take part in any contest. My husband does not believe in Valentine's day, for us everyday is Valentine's day. I had made a greeting card with an invitation card and was thinking whom to give. Now with your contest I feel I will give to him. He is not a foodie but will appreciate when I make a yummy food. Will make his favourite dish that day if possible.

6 people like this.
  3. IL_Admin

IL_Admin Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji, we would love to see your cards. Please post the photo of the cards here.

4. maliniglow

maliniglow Gold IL'ite

Like vijima said, I too like taking part in any contest, but this time I cannot I m not married still single...

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

Dear IL Admin

This is the greeting card I made

The wordings inside the greeting card is

My dear

We began as strangers.
    We got married.
    We became one with each other…
    We remain as one forever

I may not always tell you
    What I’m feeling deep inside
    The emotions and the feelings
    That I sometimes tend to hide
    But I’m really proud and blessed
    To know that you are mine
    And I hope that you still love me
    My Darling Valentine​

With love and Namaskarams to you

Viji

15 people like this.
  6. sushi

sushi Silver IL'ite

Valentines Day - in a different perspective.. (sushi)

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you..

We are married for more than 44 years now and ours was the first love marriage in both the families. But still so far we have never celebrated Valentine's Day as we both don't believe in following this western culture of celebration for one day and fight the next day. We always believe and follow the dictum

'Fight a day keeps the divorce at bay' .

Jokes apart, we never even bothered to celebrate our anniversary till our sons got married and the daughter in laws made it a practice to celebrate our birthdays and marriage anniversaries.

Now though we travel nine months in a year visiting both the sons, we have kept our nest in a retirement home in Coimbatore where we come just to relax and enjoy. We are nearly 40 to 50 couples here and there are some singles as well as widowers too in this retirement home. I have designed a website for this retirement home and as per the wishes expressed by some friends I had posted the following Valentine' s Day Greetings in the website which I feel will apply to one and all. Now to the message :

Dear All,

Happy Valentine's Day to all of you.. Na Na No eyesbrows need to be raised..

Valentine's day is for sharing love and love need not be between you and your heart throb.. Love for children, friends, siblings etc also included and on this valentine's day My special suggession for you will be to love your own thyself.

As age grows, you are required to take care of your health and for that you need to love yourself. So on this Valentine's day, let us start taking care of ourselves .
    Now to the final part of Valentine's day .. Let us see the facts of life as a pack of cards..

[​IMG]

My wish for this Valentine's day is that let there be hearts and diamonds (or jokers ) always and the day may not come when we may need clubs and spade..

Have a Ballentine Blast, my dear friends,

sushi..
    _____

7 people like this.
  7. iyerviji

Surprising no one has posted and I am the only old lady who has posted

8. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

I know, I am equally wondering what could have made not many share how was their Valentine's day??

May be our contest announcement should have had more "clarity" !!

Dear IL'ites,

Still one more day to go...

Share here anything you did interesting/innovative on Valentine's day to surprise your Valentine. Getting to know each one's experience on Valentine's day was all that we are looking forward to as entries for this contest.

9. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Let me add here my experience, just to not leave you alone here :)

IMG_1330.JPG

That's a really simple fruit bowl made for my Valentines. They were thrilled!!
    I'm happy they didn't know I peek into Pinterest to shamelessly copy such creativity :)

Followed by lunch at a pan asian restaurant, we ended our Valentine's day special.

16 people like this.
  10. DreamWorld

DreamWorld Silver IL'ite

Very nice @induslady. I really liked the idea:thumbsup

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.