Valentine month contest bonanza from Indusladies!

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Vidya24, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,

We hope you had a charmed Valentine’s Day and it helped you to reinforce the love, commitment and trust that you share with your loved ones. You must have received many gifts from red roses to red lace to romantic evenings! Being the women (and men) of substance that we are in Indusladies, we know that gifts go beyond what we get on Valentine’s Day.

Gifting is all about exchanging, endowing, enabling and empowering.

So, Indusladies offers you a second contest this month- a rare chance to:

PARTICIPATE AGAIN, RE-LIVE MEMORIES AGAIN, WIN AGAIN!!:2thumbsup:

The contest theme for the second contest for Valentine month is given below!

* *Talk about the best gift that you received from someone or gave someone!

'Someone' could be anyone- a spouse, a child, a friend, a relative, a colleague, God, a pet, even a stranger.

The gift could be as simple as a handkerchief or a pressure cooker, as life saving as a kidney. It could be as brilliant as a business plan, or as profound as forgiveness. As tangible as cash (Rs. 11 or a million dollars), as abstract as time!

You define your gift yourself!

Tell us all about giving it or receiving it!

Tell us how giving or receiving this gift made a difference to you.

It is a blessing to be able to give; just as it is to be able to receive.Help us to evolve into better givers and receivers by sharing your experience* *

Please PM your entries to Induslady. You have time till February 28, 2007! Rush in with your entries! :wave :2thumbsup:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2007

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vidya,

Your beautifully worded announcement enthused me to enter the contest. And here I go.

I tried to pm my entry to induslady. But it wont accept (it is longer than 5000 characters). So I have sent my entry to induslady by mail.

Vidya/Malathy, please let me know whether this is all right. Should you want the entry to be sent to anybody else, please let me know.

I will be grateful if the receipt of my entry can be acknowledged.

regards,
    sridhar

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh Sridhar,
    The great writer that you are, how do you expect anybody else to stand a chance in this competition??!!
    Please accept my congratulations in advance!:yes:

Love
    Anonymous.

I have just finished writing my entry - well withdrawing from PM ing it to M J for obvious reasons!!

4. varalotti

Oh Chitra,
    this is not a competition for writing. It is for describing the gifts we have given or received. So if you have received or given better gifts than I have done, well you stand to win. Best of luck.
    Please pm your entry to IL.
    sridhar

5. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

What can I say but " Sabash , Sariyana Potti"..

V24, great idea and you have indeed achieved the best: getting Sridhar and CV to enter a contest!!
    Now let me rack my brains to select which is the best gift in my life and write up about it!!

Vandhana

6. varalotti

Have my entry reached you?

Dear Malathy,

I sent my entry my email to you. I did not want to cut into two and send it by pm. It was more than 5000 characters.

I would like to know whether you received my entry and whether you are able to open the file.

If you have not received, I will send it again.
    sridhar

7. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Sridhar,

Yes, I received your entry by email. Yours is the first entry to be received for this contest. Thank you.

By the time I could acknowledge receipt of your entry, I could see so many followups for the same in PM, email and posts in this forum. Oops...I can sense your interest :mrgreen:.

Malathy

8. Induslady

Thank you for your entry, radhavenkatesh.

Good Luck!

9. Induslady

Hello Ananya,

Welcome to the IndusLadies community. Hope you like the discussions and contests going on in the forum. Look forward to your participation.

Thanks for sending in your entry for the gift contest.

10. Induslady

Dear all,

Thank you to all those who have already sent in your entries.

While we look forward to more entries, we would like you to take care of this point when you send in your entries...

Please do NOT make any special formatting like choosing a special font, making it bold, including smilies, etc. in your entries sent by private message. It makes it very difficult when we download it for judging the entries.

Send in your entry as a private message in default font plain without any formatting. Your content itself adds attraction and there is no need for any additional formatting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.