1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Vajpayee Myth And Reality

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Aug 17, 2018.

1. friendabc

friendabc Silver IL'ite

@armummy
    No one is stopping you to post about karunanidhi or abc or xyz
    --STATING THE OBVIOUS

... Go ahead. No need wait for some
    One to reveal their fav leader .

-- ITS MY CHOICE ... as per the rules ...nobody needs ur permission...right?

People will laud posts which match their views on certain issues or leaders . Whom to laud or whom to not laud is their choice , no one can dictate .

--- who is dictating ?? i think u r the one who is dictating here :lol::nono:..

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @friendabc
    Thank you for the invite.

You got my post wrong.

I applauded the OP for posting his views on the policies of his country's leader without fear of retribution from people who like the departed soul.
    The OP thinks it is a spade and called it a spade - that was my reference.

It really takes guts to write his opposing views and I saluted only the guts; not necessarily the views.
    In fact I disagree with a couple of his points.

Trust I made my point clear.

Also, I have no right to talk about any politician in India because I did not vote for them. So, no opinions from me on Indian politics or India's politicians.

The one thing I do agree is with what @Viswamitra wrote - that this post could have waited some days.

My favorite leaders are Barak Obama, Lal Bahadur Shastri, Nelson Mandela, Truman, George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, Kamaraj, and many more - not all of them are/were perfect and neither were all their policies. But that is life.

3. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

You don't want to post ...ok fine....

4. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

Bold and brave post! Freedom of opinion is the great need of the hour.
    Go ahead. I also admire Vajpayee, but that should not stop me to see the true picture which is hided by the media.

kkrish and Viswamitra like this.
  5. kumudh31

kumudh31 Gold IL'ite

This is the bitter truth of our nation. Selfless leaders will be criticized in the name of freedom of expression but selfish leaders who partitioned this country in the name of religion and language will be praised in the name of tolerance. For me Atalji is 1000 time better than leaders like Nehru and Jinnah. He stood for what he believed at the same time tried so many efforts to maintain peace like started transport between pakistan. Long live Atulji's fame. Just because some dogs are barking will not reduce sun's fame.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Let us not allow our emotions take better part of us and it is better to check the language we use in this forum. Let the discussion be healthy with mutual respect for the views expressed here. No need to attack personally.

Viswa

7. kumudh31

kumudh31 Gold IL'ite

Mr.Viswa,
    Thanks for your reminder I am really sorry if my post offended anyone. My point is in the same IL site some one posted about fallen leader MK last week. I refrained from posting my view because I sincerely believe talking ill about late leaders is not good. I always read and admired you blog posts, please give me a honest answer, I worked in TN as project officer in Late leader MK's tenure, If I post some of my views on him in IL now do you think none of his admirers will reply? Any way thanks for your timely advice I will not post anything here anymore.

8. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

This...Balaji...Had to step in and call it out. Pokhran was one of the finest moves by Indian govt.
    I have family who was involved in it. Planned and executed with flawless precision. Only months later we came to know the full story. Not even the spouses were aware of things.
    Its not what Pokhran brought about ...its what would have happened if there was no Pokhran. That needs vision and guts. For this alone I am glad we had Vajpayee.
    The last of true statesmen. This post could have waited.

9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

@kumudh31,

Thank you for reading my posts. I was only requesting not to offend anyone by using derogatory languages in your response. I know you have the freedom of speech to express your views strongly as you like. I am not a moderator to advice or prevent you from posting anything.

I am sure many will but if they respond personally calling names, I will definitely request them also to check their language. The entire United States is fuming with anger because the President of the United States called an African American woman "a dog". I will not find fault with strongly expressed views but we need to certainly check the language (expressed or implied) in a public domain.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
  10. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

many wrote that this post could have waited but I think this is ok ,there was nothing derogatory ,only appraisal of his failings as a leader.

At the moment we have too many bad leaders in the world, if we follow the rule we will have to whitewash all the deeds of worst leaders of the world . it is always good you get an objective view .

significant failings have been mentioned of departed leaders in past in the media and everybody reads it as part of the history of leaders . that is what you do on a day like this ,look at their life and their journey as leaders.

NeetaR, kkrish and Rihana like this.