Vaibhav Laxmi Pooja Udyapan

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by rajinitk4, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Mohanas

Mohanas Silver IL'ite

Dear Rajini,

Thankyou for giving us a chance tos ee laxmi devi and udyapan. If you don't mind, can you please share the rules and procedure to follow and how we should perform this pooja for 8/11 weeks and how to do udyapan.

Kindly waiting for your reply.

Thank you in advance,
    Mohana

1 person likes this.
  2. rajinitk4

rajinitk4 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mohana

Procedure to follow/start the pooja

Clean your house and pooja room and pooja articles on a friday you want to start the pooja

If you can fast the whole day with fruits or have one time meal.

Evening take bath and wear clean clothes(Red Saree preferred)

Clean the pooja room/area where you want to place the photo and do the pooja

On a table/peetha place a red cloth. Place the Laxmi devi photo
    Take a handful/cup of rice and spread in a small circle in the centre of red cloth and place kalash on it. Fill the kalash with water and add kukum, haldi, sandalwood powder, flowers and akshatha(with kumkum) place a small cup on it and place a laxmi gold/silver coin or if u dont have you can place a cleaned rupee coin. place a new/cleaned finger ring, pasupu kommu(unground haldi stick) a flower and decorate the kalash with 5 kumkum bottu and flowers. Decorate the photo with flowers. Prepare paramannam(sweet pongal rice with jaggery) and offer as prasad. offer fruits. Offer new red blouse piece and red bangles. You can reuse the red blouse piece for all weeks. First have sankalpam for how many weeks you want to do the pooja. Prepare Panchamrutham(Milk, cowghee, sugar, banana, curd). Offer tambulam to laxmi maa. Start reading the Laxmi ashtottaram and Vaibhav laxmi vratha vidhanam book. Follow the instructions as per the book. Once pooja is done invite married ladies and offer panchamrutham, prasad and tamboolam considering them as laxmi goddess and then take blessings from husband and break your fast.

Number of people you invite everyweek is as per convinience but for udhyapan you should invite as many ladies as the number of weeks you did the pooja.

If there are more people dont worry you can give them tamboolam. But ensure there should not be less people.

On the day of udhyapan invite ladies and cook food for them and after the pooja give them prasad and offer food to them. As tamboolam give them bangles, vaibhavlaxmi books, red blouse piece. If there are more ladies than you invited then dont worry you can give books to the number of people invited for rest you can just give tamboolam(Betel leaves, banana/anyfruit and vakka(betel nuts)).

3. Mohanas

Mohanas Silver IL'ite

Dear Rajini,

Thank you sooo much for your prompt reply and detailed explaination. I will let you know once I start this puja by amma's grace.

Thank you once again:)

Regards,
    Mohana

1 person likes this.
  4. Laviu

Laviu New IL'ite

Hi Rajni,

I have my udyapan this coming friday (25.08.2017).
    I wanted to ask if it is necessary that all the invited girls should come at the same time??
    Also, i would like to know how long does it take for maa laxmi to fulfill our wishes?
    Jai mahalaxmi

Thanks