Vacation To India Unneccessary Expense.

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Neelaa, Jul 18, 2019.

1. Topaz49

Topaz49 Gold IL'ite

I was thinking exactly the same way, that is why I omitted underlined while quoting OP and simply replaced it with .... "For us, our families that is responsible for bring us into this world and sacrificing a lot to help us be what we are today, was more important than comfortable, pollution/corruption/tension free, seemingly happy life in US, and we chose that."

Thyagarajan and SinghManisha like this.
  2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Oh yeah. Very true.

SinghManisha likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Golden words to (y)our sister.
    Let me read further what prevails with OP.
    DIALGOUES VS DISCUSSION. So far so good to read.

God Bless expenses to visit parents in any latitude.

Angela123 likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:Your FB looks like that OP is sitting in front of you the psychologist or and analyst. God bless my sisters sitting face to face.
    Regards.

SinghManisha likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

:hello:Keeping in view ground conditions and extant or current rules, seemingly well thought out arguments. I like the rationale behind and force.
    Thanks and Regards.

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

There cannot be one tailor made solution for this issue.Family problems are different.Making arrangements for the visit of both the parents ,alternatively, every two years ,is a huge expenditure.In these days of pink slips, the children have to keep some savings to face such situations or visit parents in case of emergency. From usual home visits, it has been reduced to 'visits only for emergency. That is a sad condition,which has to be accepted by both the parents and children.
    At 17 0r 18, University life begins and parental connection starts diminishing to have its end soon.Perhaps this is a way to realize that separation is an inseparable part of life and is a rehearsal for final separation.
    With so much of water scarcity in Chennai, this year many parents did advise the children not to visit India.
    That that man,( woman),-that that life-seems to be the order of the day-which every one is bound to accept, not withstanding arguments for and against
    Vaanaprastham as ordained by seers has become a reality-with only difference that parents remaining static and children migrate to accept challenges and responsibilities in some other place, not necessarily to relieve parents of their responsibilities.The purpose of separation is being served,only the pattern changes.
    Thousands of essays have been written, papers submitted by psychologists with no solution in the vicinity.
    Accept and live.No use of comparisons,grudges or lamentations.
    jayasala42

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. meVaidehi

meVaidehi Platinum IL'ite

Necessary or unnecessary is really specific situation dependant matter. What I can suggest is, if you want it badly enough, plan through the year. Save money wherever possible little bit every week. Make a piggy bank named India breather for me. It will keep you on track. Along with saving, try doing some little things that will earn you some money here and there. Make a budget including tickets, local travel, gifts, shopping, other needs while in India. Once you have that, you can book stress free guilt free. Explain to your husband why you want it so bad. How it makes you happy and excited through the year and how it refreshes you for next year. Tell him he doesn't have to go. You can go alone with kids. Hundreds of parents travel alone with kids. It's manageable. Wish you happy family times

8. Thyagarajan

:hello:Keeping in view ground realities of both sides of geography, madam sister analysis stands out as usual. Super all embracing response.

2. While the affection or bond between parents and children is inalienable, the quest to meet ageing or not - parents especially by migrated married girl is a matter of right but if wherewithal doesn’t permit, one has to adjust and carry on life.

3. No point in repining about separation or isolation or even insulation from loved ones when money saving and visa making or its extension at peril.

Thanks and Regards.
    God will unite separated at some distant point in space and time.