1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Vacation to Florida

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Rums, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

My DH and I are planning for a vacation to florida this winter. we are not sure what we can do with an infant there?. we don't want to go to amusement parks. Is there anything we can do with an infant there?. Is there any other warm place where we can go with an infant around?.

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

Last yr we went to Florida for vacation, such a nice place and also gud place to settle not much traffice and the climate also gud. All places will be greenish and nice to go for sight viewing.

Lost of places are there crocdile park, duck tour(dont miss this nice one), keywest, miami, orlando....

3. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks Mehana!!!..That was very helpful.

4. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Keywest and Miami I think are safe bet with an infant.. If it is just relaxing then yes, these places are too good for that. :)

5. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Hi Preethi,

Thank you. can you also tell me specific places in miami and keywest where it will be relaxing with an infant around :)

Cheers
    Ramya

6. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Ramya, I suggest you take a light weight pram with you for your baby when you visit FL. Some places are a long walk like Disneyland ,Seaworld and Universal Studios. You can put your baby in the pram and walk comfortably and enjoy everything.Also remember to wear comfortable shoes .Good Luck.

7. Rums

Rums Silver IL'ite

Thanks everyone!!!.Can someone enlighten me of some specific places in different cities in FL where we can enjoy the scenery?.

8. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Hollywood beach is very family friendly...you can rent beachside condos for a few days...Some nights you will get temps near freezing...Take some warm clothes for the baby along with your sunscreen (Hope you will get nice weather...)

Go to everglades...South beach is not family friendly...We don't take our girl to Miami at all...We prefer Fort Lauderdale...Tampa is OK...

Even Magic Kingdom..will be Ok if you take it easy and avoid weekends...Keywest is good...but the drive from Miami is lousy...Have fun...

Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  9. happydheivanai

happydheivanai Silver IL'ite

Hi
    V r planning for Florida trip this month.can u pls suggest me some place to visit except universal studio, theam park and sea world...

Me and my husband alone coming there for 5 days trip..