Vacation Sweet/funny Memories

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Ragavisang, May 22, 2019.

1. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Now a days we all go on a vacation a lot, taking pictures, talk about it for some time and move on to the next vacation or dreaming about next vacation spot. Instead I just want to take a pause and remember the sweet memories those beautiful vacations brought to us and shape us in one way or other.

My turn-I always remember and cherish the moment of getting my first kiss from the most beautiful Dolphin in Bahamas. I'm Alice in wonderland kind of a person[​IMG].. so getting a kiss from that beauty assures me everything is possible in this world. i use this sweet memory to motivate myself whenever I feel low and it brings so much positivity in my life. My cheek has the tingling feeling whenever I remember that beautiful moment!!! I bet you also have some kind of sweet memories associated with your vacation!!!

Let's take a trip down the memory lane and find some precious diamonds and pearls on our way and cherish it!!!

anika987, Thyagarajan, Sinant and 3 others like this.

2. saileela85

saileela85 Bronze IL'ite

Beautiful one.

Ragavisang likes this.
  3. senorita2019

senorita2019 Gold IL'ite

I loved the desert safari in dubai .. the camel ride and belly dance and exotic food.. was amazing

SinghManisha, Ragavisang and radv like this.
  4. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Ragavisang you have started an interesting thread.Nicely said about First kiss

Ragavisang likes this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

A famous writer Saa. Viswanathan who was known as Saavi wrote a novel Washingtanil Thirumanam in Tamil.He narrated how a Hindu Marriage was held at Washington .In that story he mentioned about sasthrigal doing Amavasai dharpanam on the banks of river Potomak.i had a chance to visit that place and was overwhelmed with joy remembering the story.I can't forget that moment of visiting there.whoever knows Tamil read that story .

Thyagarajan, Sinant and Ragavisang like this.
  6. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

On a camping trip a decade ago, the highlight was a banana slug that the kids sighted. They sat and watched for half an hour as it moved a few inches. Then, they made it crawl on to a dry leaf so they could move it away from the path and danger of getting stepped on. Thankfully, I have pictures of their rapt attention to the slimy little critter. I and DH were fascinated by how much it did resemble a banana.
    blsug.jpg

7. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

Wow.. thanks for sharing your experience. I definitely want to read the story and will buy the book next time when I visit India. Thanks for the suggestion periamma:smile:.

Thyagarajan and periamma like this.
  8. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

I really loved your kids compassionate hearts... for me the little critter looks like banana pepper:smile:...thanks for sharing it.

Thyagarajan and Rihana like this.
  9. Sinant

Sinant Silver IL'ite

Nice thread :)
    When we visited Mauritius on our honeymoon, there was a family in next cottage. Their son was around 6-7 years of age. We got befriended on one of the day trips. From then on, that kid used to come and knock at our door every morning around 9 ish and his mother used to come and take him away :lol: and feel sorry to disturb our privacy :D
    The kid’s name was very unique.
    Then after 3-4 years got to see a bunch of kids paintings in my office forum and one of them had this kid’s name. I had remembered the man’s name and searched him in the communicator and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was the same family :)

10. Ragavisang

Ragavisang Gold IL'ite

indeed a small world huh!!!

Sinant likes this.