1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Uterine Fibroid Recommendations

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by seekingheart, Feb 15, 2017.

1. seekingheart

seekingheart Senior IL'ite

2 years ago my Grandmother <3 moved into a nursing home near me. I live in the U.S. I became stressed because I didn't like her there but the family knew her health care would be good there. My grandmother also stressed me by her phone calls of 'demands on me'. So shortly after she moved here my periods became LONG in days, I think due to stress. Some months regular and others long. After almost 2 years of this I finally went to the doctor. She said I had uterine fibroid. I started exercising and drinking herbal (red Raspberry) tea that kept my period regular, :D but in December 2016 my Grandmother developed pneumonia and died 16 days later. She was almost 102 years old bless her. :( That was a VERY stressful time for me. My period for that month was 16 days! :O BUT since her passing my periods have returned to normal. Thank God! I do still FEEL the fibroid though and would like for it to shrink and go away. Any recommendations are appreciated. :) I know I will need patience. I am fairly new to Ayurveda but love it!

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Why don't you go see your Gyn to make sure the fibroid isn't growing and is still small. You should consider your gynecologists opinion rather then try Ayurveda et al by yourself. Self practicing of any alternative medicine is risky. If you have a qualified practitioner around then you can try Ayurveda. The Ayurveda practitioners may also ask you to go to your regular gyn for ultra sounds etc based on which your treatment can be done. Don't experiment with unknown herbs and supplements. Everything his side effects. If not consumed properly Ayurveda too can be harmful.

seekingheart and Nonya like this.
  3. seekingheart

seekingheart Senior IL'ite

Thank you. Yes, I have already went to my gynecologist and had an ultra sound. She said she didn't recommend surgery and that the fibroid was the size of a grapefruit. She did not recommend anything to shrink or cure it. Since that time several months ago most periods are now normal and I've been drinking red raspberry leaf tea well know to help female organs and keep them regular. I think my stress levels were attributing to the fibroid. My stress levels are now reduced...thank God for that!

Laks09 likes this.