1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hottest Summer Days around India - Beat the Heat with these Smoothies and Summer Cooler Recipes
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Summer Activities for Kids in U.S. Checkout New and Interesting Ideas Kids will Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Uses of wet-grinder

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by rush2me, May 18, 2009.

1. rush2me

rush2me New IL'ite

Hi
    have bought a 2 litre wet grinder (premier). Are a family of 2 adults and one 8 yr old child
    Need to know what all can i use this grinder for eg:
    1. I can make idli-dosa batter
    - but since we are north indians, we do not have idli-dosa regularly, we can have it only once in 2 weeks. So need to know what else can be done by it.

2. lakshmit

lakshmit Senior IL'ite

u can use grinder for vada batter,aappam... paniyaram... etc...I'm being a south indian... I've given the south indian dishes... Mainly for idly,dosa and oothappam..

love..
    lakshmi.

3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Hi,
    I have an ultra grinder with extra attachments in it, for coconut grate and atta dough hook. i make chapati dough in it, if i make more than 2 cups.
    i also mix pizza dough, bread dough using the dough hook and it comes out fine.
    after making the dough i do use my hands to knead it more, but initially to mix the atta and water it helps, atleast not as messy as i do with my hands.

Priya

4. rush2me

rush2me New IL'ite

Thanks Lakshmi- shall look for the recipes for paniyaram etc..If possible can you provide me with the same.
    Thanks Priya: I too have these 2 attachements. With a 2 L grinder can i make the dough of 2 cups flour? (maybe the grinder is a little big)