1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Urinary Retention

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by anu1215, Aug 7, 2016.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hello All,
    i have been suffering from urinary retention(is an inability to completely empty the bladder, frequent visits to the bathroom) even i have to wake up during the nights, i have done all urinary tests like (bladder, advanced urodynamic testing, ultrasound was done to check uterus and cystoscopy and blood work also done, everything looks normal, i had number of medicines am just tired of going to bathroom, did anyone had faced this problem.

Thanks
    anu

2. shavi

shavi New IL'ite

Urinary retention, also known as ischuria, is an inability to completely empty the bladder. It is a common complication of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), though it can also be caused by:
    • Nerve dysfunction
    • Tethered spinal cord syndrome
    • Constipation
    • Infection
    • Medications (including anticholinergics, antidepressants, COX-2 inhibitors, amphetamines, and opioids)
    It might be through infection of public or uncleaned washrooms. Try to avoid using common washroom & use cleaned washroom.

Consult for doctor for 5 days medicine course. They will help you more. Nothing to worry, its just temporary infection (in most cases).

Source - Wikipedia

3. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

thanks for reply,
    am suffering from 1 yr, two days back i had botox injection in urethra.

thanks
    anu

4. sanarthi

sanarthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Try kayakalpam exercise of vethathiri maharishi; it is similar to kegel exercise which helps to strenghten the pelvic floor muscles.

Due to gerd, i got frequent coughs and i used to leak urine during cough. this exercise really helped me. even when i sneeze i used to leak. now it has reduced. and i am sure it will stop in near future. Please see the below site for more details

The Benefits of Kaya Kalpa yoga

Regards,
    Sanarthi

Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  5. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

thank you sanarthi, will try the yoga pose.

6. amnilakshmi

amnilakshmi Gold IL'ite

Hi All,

I am mom of two. I am currently finding that my bladder is protruding outwards
    I saw a doc and she said it is urinary bladder. I didnt ask for treatment as i felt she might ask to do surgery. Has anyone experienced this? IS there any home remedy, exercise to position it back without surgery. Basically, i am scared to go to doc.

7. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

HI Lakshmi,
    how long you are suffering ? how many times you are going to the bathroom. note down how many times you are going to bathroom and take the appointment with urologist.

8. gok

gok Silver IL'ite

My mom had this problem when she had the starting stage of diabetics. Did you have you sugar levels checked.

9. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

my sugar levels are normal. my doctor has checked thrice to see the sugar levels in a year

10. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Bethanechol dnt work on me, so i went for botox injection, keeping fingers crossed.