1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

urgently i need ur help... Constipation for my kid

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Ooviya, Dec 31, 2011.

1. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

hi,

Am having 11 months old baby.. Am giving AAVIN milk for my baby ,last one month, once in a day around 200 ml. My pead. suggested me to give it without add water. But still am add water 2:1(milk:water) propo. Now my problem is she is having constipation for the past two days.. Non stop crying at the time of motion.. i worried lot..

Is there any home remedy reg.constipation?? whats wrong with me??

AM WAITING FOR UR REPLY..

2. puspita

puspita Silver IL'ite

hi

I dont know how ur Ped is suggesting for milk without water..that to for such a small baby!!!

I was giving 50:50 proportion to my kid...when he was at ur baby's age...and my Ped. had adviced me to do that...

Give him plenty of water...2/3 spoon food then 1 spoon water...like this...
    make a habit of giving water as plenty as u can....

and now u shd talk to ur doctor for the present constipation..he will definitely give u some soap like tablets to insert...so that the stool can come out...

But its not good to use this method frequently...change the food habit...

3. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

OOviya.. AAVIN milk should be given like 1:1 milk and water.. even then it causes constipation.. Better avoid it.. You can switch to formula or try giving her fresh curd for the nutrients..

4. bajan

bajan New IL'ite

Hi, generally cow's milk is not recommended here until 12 months. May be change to formula for some time. Meanwhile boil some raisins in water, cool , mash the raisins, filter and give this juice to baby. Fibre helps to relieve constipation . Good luck.

5. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Soak 10 raisins in cold water ( 5 tbsp) for 4 hours. Give the water to the baby. It wouldn't harm the baby. It will relax his stomach. I was asked to do it by my doctor in 1970s. worked good. Google and see. Good luck.

6. dikshisma

dikshisma New IL'ite

hello dear i read it late but this may help you in future. for easing constipation try to give her ajawin and sauf water boiled.... i mean take 1 teaspoon ajwain and 1teaspoon sauf(fennel Seeds) boil it with water till reduces to half then cool and give her every hour till the constipation is gone. For the cryiing part you can give her fumes of ajwain i mean heat some ajwain over the fry pan or tawa without oil n let her inhale the fume. or you can try bonnison it too helps. and if possible start giving woodwards gripe water twice on a daily basis it will be a real help n you can then feed anything to the baby. it wont constipate plus it helps in teething as well....... hope this would help you...... if you need any advice or just chit chat drop a msg here itself n i'll b more ten happy to help
    take care

7. daffny

daffny Silver IL'ite

my MIL suggested these
    1. giving raisins as CoffeeLover has told above
    2. adding carrot in dal+rice(hope you have started giving) every day
    3. keep water in a sipper and give as often as possible , warm water helps more

carrot, raisins and more water will help avoiding constipation.

8. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

i believe u started milk a bit early for ur baby...cow's milk is not recommended till 1 year..raisins is a good home remedy but if ur baby is crying non stop then y wait?...take her to a hospital first

9. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

hi o.p,

try giving your baby some warm water to drink.it helped my kids when they were small.

10. Ooviya

Ooviya Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a lot... s.. i started all r above... she feels better... i know after pocket milk only constipation is arising..