Urgent:Has anyone used Argipreg during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by godsgrace, Jul 12, 2012.

1. godsgrace

godsgrace Bronze IL'ite

I am 28 weeks pregnant with the 3rd baby. I had previous 2 csections. I also had GD during second pregnancy but delivered a healthy baby.

Now, since I am in India, my doctor is suggesting me to take Argipreg( steroids to develop baby's lungs if incase the baby is born premature). I don't have the history of premature delivery. I delivered my first one in 40 weeks and second one in 39 weeks.

Now my question is

1. did anyone use these medications and delivered a healthy full term baby?

2. Is it common in India to schedule csection 10-15 days prior to the expected due date?

3. Do these medications harm the baby in anyway????????

when I asked the doctor , whether its really necessary, the doctor was like, its ok if you don't take, but if you have GD(I'll get the result of GD tomorrow) then you cannot wait till the EDD since there may be intrauterine death.

I am really confused whether I should take the medication or not...Please advice!

2. Yashikushi

Yashikushi Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Hi
    Whats the result about your GD test.
    Did your doc asked to continue the argipreg pills/sachet?
    Please share your feeling in this regard.Might useful for those who looking for the same.

I did searched in Google.got nothing.

Thanks

3. shinchan

shinchan New IL'ite

Hi All,

I am around 8 weeks pregnant and my uterus is small and barrel shaped. I have very high chances of premature delivery.
    Please share details on Chances of baby survival in premature delivery after 5 months of pregnancy?

I have two questions:

1.) If we know in advance that delivery can be premature, how soon doctors can take action to save the child in premature delivery?
    Can doctor give some medicine...so that child grows fast? If yes in which week of pregnancy it should be started????

2.) Also please suggest good doctors/hospitals in NCR who has specialty in dealing the cases where chances of premature delivery are high??

Kindly suggest!! This information will be really helpful for me! Thanks.