Urgent - Adding spouse name to passport - Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by ais_1982, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi,

I had visited another thread here with the same topic but couldnt get clear picture...

My passport was taken before marriage and has coimbatore address...We were residing in chennai after marriage .. Now i am in coimbatore after my delivery...Is it possible for me to add spouse name from Coimbatore RPO or do I have to go to Chennai and apply for the same???

And i know the process is same as Re-issue of Passport...How many days does it take to add spouse name and get the passport back? Please help me with this...

2. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hi,

The procedure is same you have to download/collect form from the passport office for adding spouse name in the passport and as well change of address. You need to submit proof for these two to show validity. And submit to the passport office by surrendering your old passport. I believe it may take a month's time to get the new passport as well as your old passport from the office.
    Don't throw your old passport anywhere as this is required when you go for stamping for visa .

I sugggest why you want to do this? It doesn't matter as long as passort is valid and you have marriage certificate.

3. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

Hi Renu,

Thanks for the quick reply..But my question is Can i do it from Coimbatore or is it a must to do from Chennai only?

My husband is in South Africa.,..And i need to apply for dependent visa for me and my kid...It seems it is a must to have spouse name included in the passport...

4. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Hi,

Who says it is must to have spouse name in passport ? Is it the rule of South Africa ?

B'cos in my passport also spouse name is not there and it has my native address. But I am here and marriage certificate is the proof. I haven't gone through any headache of changing the address after marriage to bangalore nor adding spouse name.

Okay in whatever the case, if you want to do in any place you need to show some identify that you are staying there from some months i believe last 6 months bank statement or Telephone bill like that.
    Along with marriage certificate/ marriage invitation / photos ( in case if asked)

If you have these then you can do in coimbatore or chennai..

5. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I don't know whether my reply is going to be of any help to you. My husband was working in Kenya at the time of our marriage and i went along with him and got a visit visa in the Nairobi airport itself. Later on we have added the names in passport through the embassy over there and it didn't take much time(don't remember exactly how many days). Then i got the dependent visa. My passport still has the old address and i didn't change it. Marriage certificate was enough.

The rule might be same in South Africa too, you can just check out.

Regards,
    Ansu

6. ais_1982

ais_1982 Silver IL'ite

No its not the matter of adding spouse name for the sake of my visa...i was told both the parents' passports should have spouse names added to apply passport and visa for kid...Is it true?

7. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

I haven't heard like this.

But if your kid's birth certificate has both parents names spelled correctly then it shouldn't be a problem for your kid to apply passport and visa. Since your kid is minor then you have to show the address proof of your residing.

8. ansureeba

ansureeba Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

Marriage certificate should be enough mostly. I had applied for my son's passport in 2008 (India) with my old address and there was no issue.

Regards,
    Ansu

9. racr

racr Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    1)To get your child's passport,it is not mandatory to have spouse name added to your passport.Both parents need to sign an affidavit(included as an appendix in the application form).

2)Marriage certificate and child's B.C. should be provided.

3)Both parents passport(copy and original) should be provided.

I think it is important that the address provided in parent's ppt and child's application should match.Keep some proof of residence for a number of years with you,just in case.

If you opt for tatkal,you can get a new passport in 10-14 days,but it will only be for 5 years.I did the same for my child ,as I didn't have much time.

Google for Passport seva portal ,you should be able to get your appointment online .Nowadays,things are much more streamlined. You can get it done at Coimbatore itself.

FYI,I have added my spouse name to my passport,and the new passport(they re-issue passport),and it was delivered in about 6 weeks.In my case,I needed to change my address,so decided to do both ,as both come under Miscellaneous services. In your case,it might take less time,as address change involves police verification.Passport office is quite prompt,the police station takes its own sweet time(you can guess why)

10. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

True all the above posts (reply) are relevant, marriage certificate, birth certificate of the kid with the correct spelling of parents(as in passport) would suffice your entry and dependant visa, later leisurely even in the Indian High Commission you can do it.

Best wishes