1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

URGENT: A Ques of CORRECT interpretation but EXTREMELY important for someone’s life

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sandra1952, Mar 5, 2016.

1. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Hi Friends

I am writing today to seek impartial interpretation from an email. This letter was written by a member from girl’s (Naomi) family (Jack) to the boy (Michael) and ccd to other family members. There is a section addressing all family members and other section only addressing the boy. I would not disclose whether I come from girl’s side or boy’s as I want answers to be completely unbiased. Since you see one side of the email……I would request not to draw down any conclusions about who is right and who is wrong. All I want and request for is English language interpretation and I promise I am not wasting your time going through the post as its indeed crucial for someone’s life, peace and future decisions.

After you read the email I want you to answer this question:
    1) Does the writer of the email in any way suggest the boy’s father (and again not boy but his father) takes the girl as golden goose.

Dear all,
    I was advised not send this mail but I feel that the attitude and stubbornness of Michael needs to be confronted. I feel that this kid glove approach being taken by us is making him arrogant and brash. I feel if he wants to be a man he must learn to respect his better half and show compassion and control his lust for domination and money. His going back on his word given in our conference chat and his subsequent mail suggest he can get away with anything, which I think is wrong. So this mail is for all to see and understand that we are fully behind our daughter and sister and she's not alone.

As regards his parents, they need to rein him in for the sake of this relationship and make him understand that she is not just a golden goose and a slave to him. If they feel the same way then it is their bad luck because they also have a daughter and by supporting something which is wrong they are paving to what may happen in future.
    I apologise to you all but this has been troubling me a lot seeing Naomi in such depression, agony and pain and i couldnt hold it any longer.
    thanks.
    Jack

Michael,
    It was nice of you to write about your concerns in your relationship and
    marriage. It seems that in this email its you and only you in this relationship. I had told you earlier and do so again it's not just about you its about our Naomi and I assure you that we will not be spectator's and let you bully her as regards your macho attitude and abusive ways you better be careful as you are on shaky ground.
    I assure you that you would not accept this **** in case of your sister and if you say you would that's your business. I am sure you would have sent this email to your dad also and if he shares your views then I think my assessment about him was wrong and flawed.
    She has been with you in your issues and had helped you as best she could it seems to you only person who is important is you. I must say I have not seen such stubbornness and arrogant attitude in a long time and I have seen a lot.
    I would ask you to be pragmatic and come clean as to the decisions taken by all of us whether they are acceptable to you and you would try to change as does Naomi, just as was decided when we talked. Rest we will see what we need to do after you clarify your status. I again advise you to be a man and not be controlling towards your spouse.
    Waiting for your email.
    Thanks
    Jack

Kindly read the email carefully and send in your interpretations. I thank you from the bottom of heart for your time. I truly believe the best interpretations/ advices are the ones that are unbiased and so at time to solve complex issues compassionate outsiders provide best solutions….Your opinions would help correction where needed. Once again thanks and I look forward to hear back.

Best Regards

2. Sweetgirl123

Sweetgirl123 Silver IL'ite

Re: URGENT: A Ques of CORRECT interpretation but EXTREMELY important for someone’s l

Well, quite some drama.
    But no, the writer does not imply that (as far as is known to him) the parents view the girl as a slave and golden goose.
    the sentence is
    The subject of the sentence is they (the parents) the verb is need to which is combined with rein and make understand. the object is him (which would be poorly behaving Micheal). So Jack is telling the parents to explain to their son Micheal that the girl is not a slave or a golden goose.
    it seems obvious that he doesn't know them well enough to know their position on this. so he uses a IF to entertain a possible scenario. IF they are thinking the same as their son, it is not good. So no, he is not saying they think the same as their son, but he is addressing a possible scenario, in which the parents instead of berating Mike would be thinking same as him.

Any way, good luck.

2 people like this.
  3. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Re: URGENT: A Ques of CORRECT interpretation but EXTREMELY important for someone’s l

Thanks for your reply sweetgirl....appreciate your time

4. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

:iagree couldn't have said it better. :exactly: what I had thought too before I read your post.

5. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Thanks Justanotherwife!

Fellow forum members could i please request you to pour in your interpretations....many thanks

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Jack called Michael an abusive sponge...he did not call Michael 's father that.He asked his father to counsel his son Michael to help save the marriage.

1 person likes this.
  7. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Thanks Yellowmango!

8. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Dear fellow members

Could I please request some more of you to throw in your thoughts. I am trying to help someone close and I know I have got some great explanations/ interpretations from 3 wonderful members already......but could I please request some more of you to share your unbiased understanding.

Trust me I am not pushing for no reason....there is a big misunderstanding that needs to be cleared to bring peace to people I love and I need your help for doing that .....hence a more solid ground

Many many thanks in advance

9. sandra1952

sandra1952 New IL'ite

Dear Fellow members

I understand the fact that your time and inputs are valuable. I have requested and request again for some more inputs (and hence interpretations) on my posted thread. I am trying to save someone from a lot of distress and need a firmer foundation. I know some of you might think I am exaggerating....but trust me I am not. Its indeed very very important

If you still don't feel the requirement....I would request the moderators to close this thread. Thanks to the members who sent their replies.

Regards

10. gauridinesh

gauridinesh Platinum IL'ite

Things I interpreted out of the mail:

1) Jack respects Michael's dad and considers him to be someone who will do the right thing.
    2) Jack is not calling Michael and A-hole, but instead wants the best for Naomi - who has been with Michael in good and bad.
    3)He does not completely lay the blame on Michael as is clear from the sentence "You would try to change as would Naomi", stating clearly that it is not a one-sided thing.

From the letter, (and nowhere is it implied in the letter), I understand that Jack is at his wit's end and in deep anguish because of what his daughter is going through- Michael better get his act together, or he is going up against one tough father who has had enough.