1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Update Your Trips Details Of Usa Here..

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by sumalynux, Jun 13, 2017.

1. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends

Most of us come to USA on h1b visa and some continue to stay and get green card and some of us return after couple of years..

Most of us are interested in going trips and visiting tourist places in USA before going back.. With summer coming up , sure everyone is planning trips.

Let's update our trip details here so it will be helpful for others traveling same place and helps them to plan..

PS: Requesting @Rihana or respective threads moderator to make it sticky to help more people...

2. sumalynux

sumalynux IL Hall of Fame

Let me start with my Niagara trip details.

Recently I traveled to Niagara from Albany NY. Its around 5hrs journey.. Me n dh drove with 2year old.

We started home 7am reached Buffalo by 12.30pm.

1st day Buffalo

First visited Antic car museum this needs around 30mins to 1hr. Excellent display of antic cars from centuries.. Then we had our lunch in parking lot (I had got up at 4am n prepared lunch n packed)

Then our second stop was Aerospace & Naval museum. This is basically decommissioned war ships used in ww2.. This needs around 2 to 3hrs based on persons interest.

Our final stop was canal side. This is a park with cruise and boats starting point.. lot of play things displayed for kids to play. Lot of Chairs laid out to relax and let kids play or enjoy cool breeze of canal side lake and Buffalo river.

We then got milk for kid and ready to eat foods and checked in to hotel...

All above 3 destination is within 3miles..

2nd day Niagara

We had breakfast in hotel and checked out. ItDid few rounds to find nearest parking to cave of winds..

First stop is cave of winds. A walking trail climbing wooden steps leads near American falls.. you get sandals here so visit this first (helps to walk in slippery and avoids your shoes getting wet).

Once we got tickets and got sandals we took time to finish restroom breaks changing diaper and also went back to car to keep our shoes back and kept all our snack bags back as it doesn't make sense.. It will get wet and no stroller so it will be daunting to carry kid and backpack also there will be no place to eat drink or restroom..

Adults would just need 30mins to climb but with kid it became an hour.. more than climbing wooden ladder to reach falls. Walk from car parking to tickets then elevator was more tiring.. keep 2 to 3hrs starting from car park to back car parking.

Next stop was maid of mist. This is boat ride taken near horse shoe falls. Again here boat ride is just 15mins but from car park to reach boat/ship involves lot of walking... Needs around 2hrs totally..

We skipped goat island as we were exhausted.. We dint choose discovery pass as reviews were not that good for Aquarium, and other 2 attraction of pass.

I feel you will easily need 10 to 5 if you want to do relaxed visit to cave of winds and maid of mist with lunch n snack breaks especially if you have kid under 5.. We did it in 10 to 3pm and lunch we just got pizza to go and ate on go.
    As we wanted reach before 9pm.

Discovery pass dint make much sense to me. Interested people can check discovery pass.

Will be back with Boston trip update. Meanwhile eagerly waiting for your trip update.. EVEN Last year or any time USA trip update is fine..

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
    sindmani and gknew like this.