1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unlucky working couple lost their only child

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous in Parenting' started by anugamit, Jan 13, 2012.

1. anugamit

anugamit Platinum IL'ite

Some people do have this mentality of bringing small boys or girls from villages to work in their homes or look after and play with their child. They think they are illiterate so securitywise they are better. Also they tell them to do everything in their house and those small ones cannot say anything.

2. Saisakthi

Saisakthi IL Hall of Fame

Here is a similar incident where a boy studying in LKG in a school at Pallavaram died on Monday (05th Dec 2011) after a banana he ate, during the morning break, choked his windpipe.

News from THE HINDU dated 06th Dec in the following link:

The Hindu : Cities / Chennai : Boy dies as banana chokes windpipe

Again, in such incidents whom to be blamed, I remember our school days when my mom sends banana for short break, she used to mash it with milk and have a spoon also beside it to eat it and not just send a banana.

Today working mothers are also careless send banana, lays chips, maggi for children to school, which is highly ridiculous, It really gets on my nerves when student brings maggi to school either for lunch or recess.

Today's scenario preprimary schools have 5-6 sections of KG classes running to 100 + students and just 2 caretakers and probably 5-6 teachers then where will the attention be on each child. Knowing the situation parents should also be alert to spend extra time on safety measures.

It is all in the air that both parents should work to give children a better living, but basic style of hygiene, food habits, disciple are lost because they are unable to spare time in day to day activities then what is the use of creating assets and good standard of living and in unfortunatecircumstances loosing the child itself or devolping an unruly behavioured child.

We really need to watch out some one earning big fat salary package but losing their dear ones.....

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

Its really sad that these types of accidents happen. I heard of a mom making the child sit near the window (the window still had the glass)and by the came she came back the glass let lose and the boy fell down 3 stories. Its hell to mom!. I know that the 15yr old ddint give water in nick of the time but Iam surprised he took the baby to the hospital!...looks like he was acting like the big man of the house....I dont blame him as he himself is 15yrs. I blame the parents who thought for thinking that they could get over with the raising of the child by appointing a boy. They shd have atleast considered a day care :(.

1 person likes this.
  4. swati22

swati22 New IL'ite

It is sad to know, but one thing is sure to acheive all material comforts in life we r forgetting the value for life. to make future secure we forget to live tdy. gone r the days when we had elders at home to guide us, we want to live independent thinking that we r finacially independent but fact is that there r many things that we forget to learn n our mistakes r paid which has a very high price.

2 people like this.
  5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    poor parents & they have to carry the guilt for life...........one wrong decision of not hiring trained person to look after the child & a precious life lost...........
    feel very sorry for the parents............

6. renutn

renutn Gold IL'ite

Blame umm...parents (father + mother) why everyone pointing to mother we don't know how her situation is;
    husband forcing her to work as one person salary is not sufficient nowadays in India ( this is what many husband think)
    when they hired 15 yr old boy does husband is not aware is he too young to take care their baby ; why can't he bring his parents?
    lot of questions arise but ultimately it is the baby who got suffered here

7. RJMK

RJMK Silver IL'ite

SO finally everyone is blaming the mother.But I dont think she is solely responsible.Yes she could have taken precautions or put the kid in daycare...Or hire some one proper to look after the child.Sometime the situations in the household is such that the lady is forced to leave the house and go to work...SO stop,hold and think.

I feel for the kid...What if this would have happened to the child while his mother was feeding him..then whom to blame...

I know a mother who was feeding her 18 month old kid in the balcony of her 18th story building...and the kid fell and died...

8. superwoman09

superwoman09 Gold IL'ite

Yup...accidents can happen even when the parent is present..just solely blaming the parents is not right. Different circumstances have people make certain choices..the parents chose to keep working, not send child in daycare..didnt take proper care in appointing a good babysitter..but what can one say if mom/dad was present or was the one feeding...A parent always makes what he/she feels is the best decision for their kid...only with time does one come to know if it was the right decision or no.

9. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

It is said that the couple have lost the kid.It is not a good decision to leave an infant with a teenage boy.How stupid people can get.

Both mom and dad working does not mean that they are looking at a fat wallet at the end of the month.There are lot of things to it.What if tomorrow a situation arises when the wife has to handle the family alone?Will she got a job then?Or can she become successful in one song like they show in movies?A lot of companies do not even consider you if you have crossed certain age even if you have a career break for as low as 2 years.That is the reason most of the moms do not want to leave their job.Even this is for the kid's future.

1 person likes this.