1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Unknown stranger

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sudhakrishna, Jan 16, 2013.

1. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

swapna left the home in a hurry. she has to finish a lot of work in the morning. As per plan she finished her morning house hold work and about to leave by 9.30 am. She has to pay the EB, telephone bill(t0day is the last date) at one place, buy vegetables, return library book, collect her blouse from tailor and has to pick her daughter from school. she has only two hours left. When she was about to start she got a call from her dearest friend, swapna couldn't control her eagerness and she kept on speaking to her about present, past and future and didn't notice time is running. After half an hour they finished their conversation half heartedly, when she saw the time it was 10.15. oophs she has to rush.
    she took the bus to market place. She can finish all the work. Her daughter's school leaves at 12.45. if she goes even a second late her daughter chaya will be restless. she wondered how to manage time.
    Her stop came. Hurry burry she got down from the bus, when she was about to cross the road a two wheeler hit from the back and she fell on the road. Blood started to ooze from the fore head. sooner a small crowd gathered around her. The person who hit her was of 25 years of age. he immediately came to her rescue. He gave some water and took her to hospital. Doctor put a bandage and advised for 1 hour observation,
    Swapna can't think about that. She has lots of pending work. She opted to go. But he said he would pay the bill and accompany her to school and to house. Little relieved she gave the bill and cash and went into small nap.
    There was a huge crowd in the office as it was the last day. some how he managed to pay the bill.
    The doctor said she was out of danger and needs only dressing for few days and gave some antibiotics and pain killers.
    It was 12.35 and they rushed to school. chaya got scared on seeing her big bandage. He consoled her and played with her to bring her to ease. On the way chaya became best friend of him and played all the way. Swapna could not talk as she was having severe pain. They reached home.
    He asked sorry for what has happened and asked her to take care. He said he was in hurry to attend the interview. And that's why he came faster. He said he will visit her later.
    In the evening only she gathered what has happened in the morning. If he is not there she would be in great trouble. The fault is also hers, she didn't see the road before crossing. She felt ashamed that she didn't ask his name and offered her thanks for his help. She started thinking is it possible for him to attend the interview. Oh how selfish I am, I am concerned about my work. I didn't get his phone number also. he said he will visit me again, will he? Now it pained a lot for her!!!!

2. Pallavi4me

Pallavi4me Platinum IL'ite

Thats really a good one sudhakrishna.. set me thinking...

Keep writing more.

3. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Good one, SudhaKrishna. But its quite common too. We tend to fix the blame on others always and in that frame of mind, even the good things that they do to us, never come to our notice. If it comes, then our mind would twist it the way it wants. Nice story. -rgs

4. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

thank you pallavi for your first feed back

5. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

thank you rgs for your detailed feed back. nice to know that you like my writing

6. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Sudha,

Nice story. So true, we tend to ignore the fact that there could be fault on our end also in some situation. We prefer to play victim that to own up to our act. It takes a while for us to come around and accept our mistake.

Enjoyed reading dear.

Akila

7. sindhu06

sindhu06 New IL'ite

Wonderful story...

8. sudhakrishna

sudhakrishna Gold IL'ite

thanks akila for your motivating comments