1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

(unholi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Balajee, Mar 13, 2017.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Balajee,
    Having spent 34 years at Jamshedpur I have the first hand knowledge of the unholi happenings (in my personal view) on the day of holi.
    In spite of working at Tata Motors I never allowed anyone to smear me with colors or to spoil my dress. Of course my children and DH had to keep dresses only for the purpose of playing holi and throw them away after holi. It always took at least two days for them to get rid off the colors from their skin.

I shudder to think of those days.

Our apartment people played Holi in a specified place in the evening in our apartment complex.
    PS

2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

This so-called festival is really disturbing, more disturbing than all that noise and chemical pollution of Deepavali. Nobody uses organic colours like flower powders, turmeric or sandalwood powder. It is always cheap chemicals mixed heaven knows for what reasons with mica! That mica sticks to the skin and is extremely difficult to remove. Above all water balloons that can cause blindness if they hit your eye. The best place to be on holi is behind bolted doors.